title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need ACC which appears to have been created by iTunes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need AAC which appears to have been created by iTunes

My car's audio player supports only mp3, wma, and aac files for playing. Quotes from the 2016 Honda Civic user’s manual:
    “Only AAC format files recorded with iTunes are playable on this unit.”
    “Some versions of MP3, WMA, or AAC formats may be unsupported”

I have found that CBR mp3 files and wma files created by Windows Media Player are supported, and CBR mp3 created by dBpoweramp are supported.

I am seeking the highest quality audio with no limit on file size, given the constraints of the player. From what I have read, AAC may be the best choice.

Is there a path within dBpoweramp that will let me create aac files which will appear to have been created by iTunes in all respects? If so, please give details. (I am a new dBpoweramp user.)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Barry1; 09-14-2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: correction to Title (AAC)

Administrator

Re: Need ACC which appears to have been created by iTunes

When it says by iTunes it means AAC, if you install Codec Central and install the m4a (AAC) FDK encoder it will work.

Re: Need AAC which appears to have been created by iTunes

Thank you Spoon. It did work! I tried only cbr 512 Kbps, which worked on the car's stereo.

However, after I installed the m4a (ACC) FDK encoder and used it, the sound card on my PC stopped working. i.e. No sound came out of it. I ran the sound troubleshooter, which is built into Windows 10. Running that reset the sound card to be the default audio output device. Then, the sound card worked again. I am running the trial version of dBpoweramp, R16.1.

Administrator

Re: Need AAC which appears to have been created by iTunes

Coincidental, dBpoweramp does not touch sound cards in any way.