title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: my CD Ripper metadata retrieval is broken

my CD Ripper metadata retrieval is broken

Two days ago, metadata retrieval on Reference R15 was fine. Last night, I started to rip a mainstream CD and noticed that metadata and art selection seemed oddly sparse. AMG had gone missing from metadata sources. I did some investigation and chalked up the issue to AMG metadata discontinuation. So, I upgraded to a free trial of Reference R16, thinking that would solve the problem. Nope. Now, almost all metadata sources are greyed out. Any CD brings up only barebones metadata from the cache and freedb. I thought that a fresh install of Reference R16 might solve the problem. Nope. But the fresh install still retained my settings from the original install and two upgrades, so it was not truly a fresh install.

I cannot rip CDs for archival purposes with this minimal metadata. What is happening? Thanks for any insight/assistance...

AJ

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: my CD Ripper metadata retrieval is broken

From my point of view the problem is the free version of R16. As long as you don't have the registered version of R16 you will not have access to the metadata databases. So it's up to you to stay with R15 and disable AMG, or you upgrade to R16.

Dat Ei

No, as I stated previously, the 21 day free trial is for Reference R16. My trial install includes DSP settings, for example, that are available only to Reference. So, that should not be the problem.

AJ

Administrator

DSP settings are enabled even with an older version of Reference, however you need a registered version of R16 to enable the metadata.