title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate Rip Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flava0ne
    • Aug 2016

Accurate Rip Issues

I have a couple of CD's where some songs in them fails in AR and are insecure. What could be the cause for these issues? The 3 CD's that are having these issues don't have any scratches on them at all.

EDIT: Or does it even matter at all as long as it's able to get ripped?
    Last edited by Flava0ne; 09-11-2016, 09:06 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accurate Rip Issues

If you rip a disc and for example there are 10 tracks, 8 of these tracks are AccurateRip verified with a confidence of 4, but 2 tracks fail accuraterip verification, then almost certainly there are errors in your rip. How big or small is impossible to say, you can listen to those tracks carefully to determine if acceptable for you.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Flava0ne
      • Aug 2016

Okay, so what causes it to begin with if the CD practically has no scratches on it? And is there a way to get it to rip the tracks accurately?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Flava0ne
        Okay, so what causes it to begin with if the CD practically has no scratches on it? And is there a way to get it to rip the tracks accurately?
        Sometimes it is manufacturing problem with disk. It plays ok but has problems ripping. This sometimes happens to me on a brand new CD, first time out of package and I'm trying to rip. No scratches, etc. So it can happen. I have 3 or 4 different drives. I can often get a disk to rip securely on one drive when it won't rip securely using another drive. These are all cheap drives and it varies which drive will work with each problem CD.

Sometimes I have some tracks that I never get beyond "insecure" These I'll typically just listen to and often I can't hear any issue at all. If so, I just save these and I'm done. Note that the rip could report an error but only a few hundred frames are incorrect and this could be a millisecond and not audible.

Comment

• Flava0ne
          • Aug 2016

Well, that doesn't sound good at all. But after listening to the tracks that weren't accurately and securely ripped, I can't even notice a thing when comparing it with the actual CD. It probably doesn't matter then, but the OCD in me is kinda bugging the crap out of me knowing that it wasn't accurately and securely ripped lol.

Comment

• Flava0ne
            • Aug 2016

So after I detected my drive's Read Cache and disabling Vary Drive Speed Each Pass (which I had previously enabled) under the Ultra Secure options. I was able to re-rip those previously inaccurate ripped tracks accurately this time.

Comment

Working...

]]>