title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No Sounds on Ripped Files

Angry No Sounds on Ripped Files

I am ripping from a Lenovo T420s laptop with a newly acquired dBpoweramp application. I am trying to rip in MP3 and FLAC. When ripped songs (either format) are played within dBpoweramp; and when using WINAMP or on a Sony HAP S1 player all songs play as if everything was Ok, but have no sound (like the volume was muted). Is there a ripping setting that would causes this? I've ruled out the obvious operator errors; volume is turned up and not muted; and the HAP S1 and laptop do not have headphones plugged in. What is the really dump thing I am overlooking?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: No Sounds on Ripped Files

Quote Originally Posted by csouba View Post
    I am ripping from a Lenovo T420s laptop with a newly acquired dBpoweramp application. I am trying to rip in MP3 and FLAC. When ripped songs (either format) are played within dBpoweramp; and when using WINAMP or on a Sony HAP S1 player all songs play as if everything was Ok, but have no sound (like the volume was muted). Is there a ripping setting that would causes this? I've ruled out the obvious operator errors; volume is turned up and not muted; and the HAP S1 and laptop do not have headphones plugged in. What is the really dump thing I am overlooking?
    I don't think the problem is in the ripping. What DSPs, if any, did you use when ripping? Something odd is happening in playback. What is the size of one of the FLAC and mp3 files? Are dbpa, winamp, sony HAP all connected to the same DAC or stereo system?