title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Albums not showing up

Albums not showing up

Hi
    I have iTunes running with .wav files - "1315 songs" and "287 albums" showing in iTunes - I've installed Asset UPnP on Windows on same computer - all working - except that Asset UPnP Configuration shows "1347 Tracks, 10 Albums" - is there some trick to getting Asset UPnP to recognise the albums from iTunes?
    All settings at default
    Thanks
    BTW I had an issue installing with Norton 360 - "heur.advml.c" - false positive in umedialibrary.exe - had to allow that to get install working
    Regards
    Julian

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Albums not showing up

Asset builds it's database based on the data contained in the file metadata tags. Make sure these tags are populated correctly as wav tagging is notoriously troublesome.

When you are sure the tags are OK, in Asset UPnP Configuration, check that the Audio Library folders are configured correctly, then try Refresh All.

Check the forums for recent problems with Norton software.

Administrator

You need to have the wave files ID Tagged to get them appear correctly. iTunes will be only keeping the tags in its internal database only.

Hi mville
    Thanks for your response - yes that appears to be the issue - that Asset is limited to only reading file metadata tags - which are not present in the .wav files
    Regards
    Julian

Hi Spoon
    Thanks for your response - as iTunes uses a simple directory structure for storing music - Artist\Album\Track - for any .wav file - or any file where the tags are corrupted or lost - the current directory (".") name is the album title - and the parent directory ("..") name is the artist name - would it not be quite trivial to simply use those directory names as alternatives IF the particular tag is blank? Or maybe it does that now? - I just can't see it?
    Regards
    Julian

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jr88 View Post
    iTunes uses a simple directory structure for storing music - Artist\Album\Track - for any .wav file - or any file where the tags are corrupted or lost - the current directory (".") name is the album title - and the parent directory ("..") name is the artist name - would it not be quite trivial to simply use those directory names as alternatives IF the particular tag is blank?
    It's just not feasible for Asset to know every end users directory structure, so as to be able to replace any missing tags.

What you can do though, is use dBpoweramp Music Converter and the Arrange Audio utility codec, to tag your files with the basic tags, based on your directory structure.

dBpoweramp Guru

The current version of mp3tag will now tag .wav files.

Hi schmidj and mville
    Thanks for your responses
    Nearly working
    I used the "tag from filename" codec rather than the "arrange audio" codec which appears to do the opposite of what I want - it turns out to be basically what I explained above - it was able to add the tags from the directory and file name to the .wav file I tested
    For "Tag recognition" I put
    [artist]\[album]\[track] [title]
    There's just one issue
    For the file
    Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\A.A. Bondy\When The Devil's Loose\06 I Can See The Pines Are Dancing.wav
    I got
    Artist: A.A. Bondy
    Title: Dancing
    Album: When The Devil's Loose
    Track: 6
    As you can see the [track] tag is being greedily matched and so eats up "06 I Can See The Pines Are"
    How to change to lazy matching mode? Or limit the [track] tag to 2 decimal digits?
    I've read thru
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/dmc/Naming.htm
    but that seems to apply to the output rather than the input of pattern matching - or have I misunderstood that?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Julian

Administrator

We have tested this, a file:

A.A. Bondy\When The Devil's Loose\06 I Can See The Pines Are Dancing.wav

With the recognition set to:

[artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

and the title was correctly set to:

I Can See The Pines Are Dancing

Please retest, with the latest:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ame-R3-Windows

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jr88 View Post
    I used the "tag from filename" codec rather than the "arrange audio" codec which appears to do the opposite of what I want - it turns out to be basically what I explained above - it was able to add the tags from the directory and file name to the .wav file I tested
    I thought Arrange Audio utility codec included the functionality found in the Tag From Filename utility codec. Thanks for clarifying the differences.

Hi Spoon

Thanks - that's fixed it - R3 version worked perfectly - was able to tag all the music - and also use PerfectTUNES to add the cover art

Of course you're aware the version linked via

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

is currently the R2 version

Regards

Julian