title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Volume normalize a dff file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtutt
    • Jul 2010

Volume normalize a dff file?

I was just checking to see if I can volume normalize a dff file. I could only see to do it with the normalize dsp but that requires converting it flac (or wav, etc...).
    If I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks,
    Drew
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Volume normalize a dff file?

There is nothing that can volume normalize a DFF file in place (that is change the audio signal).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twie
      • Oct 2016

My problem: A very big volume loss converting dff/dsf tracks to flac

I got a library of dff/dsf files but my DAC isn't able to play this audio formats. So, I converted them to flac files using dbpa.
      My problem is a big volume loss if I compare the converted tracks (flac) with the original tracks in dff/dsf format (done on the same player of a friend). I really don't know, why a standard dbpa convertion brings me a so big loss of volume?

What I've done to avoid that?
      -> I read here, that a gain of +6dB should be taken for dsf to flac convertion, but this isn't enough for my library.
      -> I've activated the DSP effect 'Volume Normalize' with 'Fixed Amplification' and checked the volume with several amplify values.
      Astonishingly, an amplify value of +12 dB produces nearly similar loud results compared to the original dff/dsf tracks. I have concerns to use a so high gain.

I think, my problem couldn't be caused by volume ID tags stored in the dsf file because dff files are affeted as well.

Could anybody give me a hint, how I have to use dbpa and avoiding this loss of volume?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Use the volume normalize DSP Effect whilst converting.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>