title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    Having a problem with 16.b12:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.m4a'
    indicated sample count does not match decoded sample count, possible file corruption
    (...)
    I am afraid that this is a symptom of your files being incomplete, perhaps an incomplete download?

Super Moderator

Reply to BertL

Thanks for your patience so far.

I'm afraid I've been unable to recreate this bug on my system so far or come up with an explanation why it occurs.

I'd like you to enter dBpoweramp configuration, "converter" tab, use "save configuration snapshot" button and mail the file it creates to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis - hopefully I can then duplicate any potential configuration quirks in effect and recreate the bug.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Been using the Batch Converter today to tweak some volume normalization. I adjust both panes exactly the way i want them and then select some directories and run convert. However, when the conversion finishes, the panes lose their settings and i have to re-adjust them. Can you make the pane settings sticky? That would be really helpful. Thanks.

The files appear to be OK and play properly using good gear.
    I -could- try to convert them one at a time; perhaps that might be useful.

Let me know. And, Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Reply to BertL

Thanks for your patience so far.

I'm afraid I've been unable to recreate this bug on my system so far or come up with an explanation why it occurs.

I'd like you to enter dBpoweramp configuration, "converter" tab, use "save configuration snapshot" button and mail the file it creates to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis - hopefully I can then duplicate any potential configuration quirks in effect and recreate the bug.
    Peter, I just sent you an email. The tgz config file is 141MB, so I couldn't send it via normal Gmail as it's servers would not allow something that large. It went out using Apple's iCloud method for large attachments and should arrive with instructions how to get to it. If you don't receive or can't retrieve, let me know and I'll set up something with DropBox to get the file to you.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays. Bert

Super Moderator

Thanks for sending me the configuration dump so quickly. I have the file and I'm investigating it.

Super Moderator

Update: problem finally recreated - using your config *and* CD image of one of the albums that you triggered it with.

A new beta will be out shortly, thank you for your patience.

Update: problem finally recreated - using your config *and* CD image of one of the albums that you triggered it with.

A new beta will be out shortly, thank you for your patience.
    If someone hasn't told you lately that you're GREAT, well, you are! Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator

New beta posted, have fun with it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    The files appear to be OK and play properly using good gear.
    I -could- try to convert them one at a time; perhaps that might be useful.

Let me know. And, Happy Holidays!
    If there's nothing seemingly wrong with the files - or no other software can detect any problems with them, feel free to email a sample to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis; I'll examine them.

Super Moderator

Beta 14 posted.

Various window layout remembering glitches have been corrected. Batch Converter now remembers its columns, as requested.

Peter, I had good luck with b13 -- probably got through 20 or more CD Rips today with it. No issues unlike what I was experiencing with b12. Shifted over to b14 a bit ago, and found a strange anomaly:
    - Went to Rip Meta Review panel, where several alternatives were present
    - Made a number of selections from red entries. They populated to the left as they should have. Pressed OK.
    - Returned to the main Rip panel, and oddly, no changes I had made to the meta data were displayed.
    - Went back to the Rip Meta Review panel, and ODDLY, none of the alternative columns were present again -- only the single column generally shown on the left, expanded the full width of the browser
    - Shut down R16b14, and pulled up R15 ... all was well with the multiple services. I completed the RIP with my mix-and-match selections of meta data.

I've since Ripped 3 more CDs. For those where multiple services are initially presented, the same situation can be recreated. Make changes on the meta screen, they won't show on the primary screen, and when you go back, the multiple services are gone from the meta detail screen. Definitely some new issues with b14! I'll go back to R15 until the next beta...

Super Moderator

Well, I won't keep you waiting then!

Beta 15 has been posted, backfiring fix from beta 14 has been amended.

Thank you very much for reporting bugs so quickly.

Well, I won't keep you waiting then!

Beta 15 has been posted, backfiring fix from beta 14 has been amended.

Thank you very much for reporting bugs so quickly.
    No, TU. I've got another 200-300 CDs to Rip, so lots of opportunity to try this out. Trying as much as possible to use your beta in case it can uncover any anomolies to help with your quality GA release. Happy New Year!

Have ripped more than 50 CDs with R16b15. Working well. TU.

One possible feature request. It would be GREAT to be able to drag-and-drop an image onto the CD Ripper screen that replaces anything that may already be there. Using the delete and load options are fine, but drag-and-drop would speed things along and be even more consistent with other apps working with images. Thx for the consideration.