title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Thanks, Peter. I've installed the latest beta, and ripped a single disc successfully - the disc information was released after ripping, plus the " character issue appears to have been resolved.

R16b7 Metadata problems

1. Insert new CD.
    2. Click Metadata button.

b7 only shows metadata from ONE (unidentified) source. (Turns out to be GD3).

3. Click "Cancel"
    4. Click "Reload" button
    5. Click Metadata button.

b7 NOW shows metadata from FOUR sources. PerfectMeta erroneously prefers GD3 data over all other data.

6. Click "Cancel"
    7. Click Metadata button.

b7 back to showing metadata from only ONE source again (GD3). Any edits made earlier are lost.

This behavior is completely consistent for this CD, across relaunches, clearing track metadata, etc. There are a number of other problems that occur after this, but I think they probably all stem from the above problems (wrong search term for album art, etc.).
    Attached Images Attached Images

R16 Album Art anomalies & feature requests

I don't understand the changes made to album art searches in R16. Often, b7 chooses artwork for me that doesn't even appear in the "Choose (from Internet)" dialog, nor is there an image labeled as "Current", as there was in R15. There is now an image labeled as "PerfectTunes", however it is rarely the same image that b7 has defaulted to for me.

Feature requests:

1) I like that I can now view album art at full size, but what I really want to be able to do is compare two different large-sized images side by side to see which one is higher quality. Often the differences are difficult to discern at the smaller size, and are also difficult to discern when the two can't be viewed at the same time.

I would suggest having a panel at the top of the window that displays the "Current" image in the left half, and lets you select a different image to be displayed on the right half for comparison. If you prefer the new image, it could be made the "Current" image, and other images could subsequently be compared to it, until the best image is located.

2) I would really like to see the source of the image that dBpa selects for me.

3) I would really like to be able to see the full source urls for ALL images found.

4) I would like to be able to Load art from a url (in addition to a file and the clipboard).

Features 2-4 could all be cleanly incorporated into feature 1.

Re: R16b7 Metadata problems

Also: I ripped a lot of CD's with b6. I doubt the above problems with metadata are new to b7, but I hadn't noticed them before. I now fear that all my metadata edits and corrections for over 100 CDs were lost.

I would really like the ability to run PerfectMeta against already-ripped CDs, much like PerfectTUNES (on Windows) can be run against already-ripped discs.

And, of course, I'd really like to see the full PerfectTUNES make it to Mac OS.

Beta 7: I am experiencing the issue whereby if in the main rip screen I've edited metadata, then move to the Metadata screen, make some additional changes there and hit OK, my earlier changes are lost.

Super Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback.
    Beta 8 is being prepared, with 'review metadata' data loss corrected.

Amary: The 'review metadata' data loss bug appeared in beta 7 as a side effect of another change - your beta 6 rips are most likely fine.

Super Moderator

Beta 8 has been posted. Some of the feature requests have been addressed also.

Super Moderator

Beta 9 posted, even more evil bugs gone.

It looks like BC R10 is finding stale network share labels: Qmultimedia, Qmultimedia1, and Qmultimedia2 where only the last label points to valid network share. (I could not upload a screenshot for some reason.)

Super Moderator

You mean the batch converter tree shows them?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    You mean the batch converter tree shows them?
    Yes, consecutively.

R16b10 appears to have a problem perhaps with IFCOMP and/or IFMULTI in CD Ripper Naming. Following naming works fine with R15.8, causing track names of a multi-disc set to be coded as e.g. 1-02... Whereas R16b10 names the same track 02... (missing the disc number on all tracks). In any case, R16 beta is acting differently with the same source compared to R15 when it comes to this naming logic.

[IFCOMP]Compilations/[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Unknown Artist[][]/[album]/[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
    R16b10 appears to have a problem perhaps with IFCOMP and/or IFMULTI in CD Ripper Naming. Following naming works fine with R15.8, causing track names of a multi-disc set to be coded as e.g. 1-02... Whereas R16b10 names the same track 02... (missing the disc number on all tracks). In any case, R16 beta is acting differently with the same source compared to R15 when it comes to this naming logic.

[IFCOMP]Compilations/[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Unknown Artist[][]/[album]/[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]
    Same issue with R16b11. (BTW, thanks for fixing the multiple-artist display issue in b11!)

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post

...and same with R16b12

I'm finding that with latest R16 betas (b11 & b12) when ripping CDs, occasionally one or more tracks will successfully rip, but only contain two accurate rip and replay gain tags. Meta looks OK in the dBpoweramp display for all tracks before ripping. After ripping, the title of all tracks are correct, but sometimes most meta data, including track title, artist, album art are not be placed in the final ripped track. R15.8 WORKS CORRECTLY.

Examples:
    1) Screenshot of ripped CD from Finder. Note the problem with tracks 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 12 (issue is same as described above).
    Tracklist.jpg

2) As an example of the failure, Screenshot of dBpoweramp tag editor for track 1 showing only 4 tags are populated.
    Track1 Error.jpg

3) Screenshot of dBpoweramp tag editor for track 2 as an example showing all data is correctly being populated in most other tracks.
    Track2 OK.jpg

If it's of help, I'm ripping to Apple Lossless using "Secure", and have the "When Ripping" option set to "Rip to '._' files, rename...". DSP Effects are with ReplayGain, "Delete Destination File on Error", "ID Tag Processing" (deleting some meta data values like [Piano], and changing some genres; switching Artists around for non-multi-artist aware apps, dropping track & disc count). FWIW, I have tried ripping the same CD without any DSP Effects, with the same result in R16b12. The whole CD with same DSP Effects rips correctly with R15.8.