title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Beta 4 posted.

Conditional Encoding feature is now operational.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Configuration settings are not stored - missing OK-button

Just tried to convert a dsd-file to flac/DOP - when going into "configure" -> Codecs -> Decoder Options -> DSD-Decoder and select "Embed as DoP", this setting is not kept, when you close the configuration tab. Encoding does still encode to PCM, and when you reopen the settings tab, the setting ist "Encode to PCM" instead of the previously selected "Embed as DoP".

I then tried to find out, whether changing options on other items in the settings dialogue are kept: NONE of the changed settings are kept, whichever item on the list I change the settings for (for example FLAC Rating Range, or "Wave 64 padding size")
    I am currently on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1004).

I then installed the released trial and the 15.7 beta 3 to investigate this. Their configure-dialogues are completely different from the one on 16 beta 4: 16 beta 4 opens the previously separately activated "advanced options" dialogue right away and lacks the blue "OK" button, so the settings are not stored. Without an OK-button, the only option you have to close the options window is using the "red dot" in the upper left corner, which, of course, does not save the changes made...

P.S.: just downloaded and tried it with R16 Beta 3: this version has the proper, usual options dialogue with the blue OK-Button...
    Last edited by dvdr; 09-19-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Super Moderator

Re: Configuration settings are not stored - missing OK-button

Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting. Beta 5 coming up shortly.

Super Moderator

Re: Configuration settings are not stored - missing OK-button

New beta posted.

Supported OSX version has been bumped to 10.9 Mavericks, but it's been tested and verified to be working correctly ( did not quite work with earlier betas ).

Hi - first post here. I like the beta version (6) - its refreshed interface, Discogs metadata, and artwork options. However, after ripping a disc and dismissing the log window, the disc information remains on screen for me, and does not "clear down" as in v15. Secondly, any tags containing the " character (e.g. 12" Remix) are not displayed in the ripped track in iTunes, where it will now instead be shown as 12_ Remix. I didn't have to set this character to be included within v15, so simply wonder if both this and the disc information are both option settings I need to learn how to set in the new beta?

Finally - I'd like to populate both the new Work and Movement tags within iTunes with ripped tags - I created custom tags for both, though in my test rip no data was sent. Is in fact this possible, or is the fix more complex than I anticipated? Many thanks in advance.

When I press the detect drive read cache button, R16beta6 claims there is no cache. According to R15 the drive has a 1024 cache.

It concerns a Samsung SE-208 drive.

MacOSX 10.11.6

I first got this as album art. I think it has to do with 'Write to file'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the icons in the top left corner are a bit confusing since they contain no text or pop over info. For the rest i like v16

I'm trying to rip a 5 CD box set (Aldo Ciccolini Piano Works Liszt) but whenever I insert the next disc, R16 stubbornly displays the metadata for the previous disc, even when I explicitly ask to retrieve the metadata for the currently inserted disc. R15 does not do this.

Administrator

Perhaps this disc only has metadata present in AMG, R16 uses discogs not AMG.

Strange, I thought it was just with the box set, but it looks I have this issue with all discs: when ripping has completed and the disc has ejected, the track information and album art remains visible. When I insert a new disc, it refuses to read the new metadata, it just keeps the data from the previous discs: the old track information and album art remain on screen.

How do I force dBPowerAmp to read the new metadata?

Quote Originally Posted by Pobo View Post
    Strange, I thought it was just with the box set, but it looks I have this issue with all discs: when ripping has completed and the disc has ejected, the track information and album art remains visible. When I insert a new disc, it refuses to read the new metadata, it just keeps the data from the previous discs: the old track information and album art remain on screen.

How do I force dBPowerAmp to read the new metadata?
    Yes - this happens to me, as I'd earlier reported. To load the current metadata, I close (not quit) the application, and re-open.

Super Moderator

Thanks for all your feedback. A new beta will be out by the end of this week.

Stuck disk info is being looked into.

Nonsensical/mismatching album art bug has been fixed also.

Great, much looking forward to the new beta.

One more question about the new 'find album art on the internet' function. Is it looking for album art only in particular places? Because sometimes it does not find anything and then when I google in a browser the images do turn up.

Super Moderator

Beta 7 out.
    No more need to restart app after ripping.