title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Please direct all discussions here.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp R16 for Mac OS X beta Discussions

Can you elaborate on:

• Updated Volume Normalize DSP

This is a big deal as i use it on every rip. Have you changed the default LUFTS value? Or I guess anything else.

Super Moderator

Volume Normalize DSP has been updated with the latest changes from dBpoweramp R16 on Windows:
    • Default reference level is now -18dB LUFS, was: -23dB
    • Added adaptive EBU mode
    • New configuration dialog

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks! That's extremely important to know, especially the change from -23 to -18 LUFS.

Will there be Batch Ripping capabilities??

Administrator

Sorry no.

Having a problem with 16.b12:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.m4a'
    indicated sample count does not match decoded sample count, possible file corruption
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Do You Really Want To Hurt Me-Culture Club.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Do You Really Want To Hurt Me-Culture Club.m4a'
    indicated sample count does not match decoded sample count, possible file corruption
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/She Sells Sanctuary-The Cult.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/She Sells Sanctuary-The Cult.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Tainted Love-Soft Cell.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Tainted Love-Soft Cell.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Johnny Come Home-Fine Young Cannibals.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Johnny Come Home-Fine Young Cannibals.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Oh Yeah-Yello.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Oh Yeah-Yello.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Spanish Guitar-Toni Braxton.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Spanish Guitar-Toni Braxton.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Blue Monday-New Order.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Blue Monday-New Order.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Relax-Frankie Goes to Hollywood.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Relax-Frankie Goes to Hollywood.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/There's Something About You-Level 42.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/There's Something About You-Level 42.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Rock Me Amadeus-Falco.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Rock Me Amadeus-Falco.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Private Dancer-Tina Turner.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Private Dancer-Tina Turner.m4a'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Breath Me-Sia.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Breath Me-Sia.m4a'

Looking at the system log, I found this:

12/22/16 8:59:14.012 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[27876]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MEMORYSTATUS] add: "Operation not supported" - 0x2d
    12/22/16 8:59:14.721 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[27876]: assertion failed: 15G1212: libxpc.dylib + 78286 [54D1328E-054E-3DAA-89E2-375722F9D18F]: 0x89
    12/22/16 8:59:20.279 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[27876]: plugin com.adobe.accmac.ACCFinderSync invalidated
    12/22/16 9:06:37.119 PM diskarbitrationd[78]: dBpoweramp Music Converter [27876]:191227 not responding.
    12/22/16 9:06:37.000 PM kernel[0]: hfs: unmount initiated on dBpoweramp Music Converter on device disk4s2
    12/22/16 9:06:37.178 PM deleted[430]: normalizeUserMountpoint:791 volRoot failed for /Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    12/22/16 9:06:37.178 PM deleted[430]: _validateVolume:813 unable to normalize volume: "/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter", vol: (null)
    12/22/16 9:08:10.732 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[27876]: Batch finish for 13 objects, DSP: -dspeffect1="Delete Source File=-recycle"
    Last edited by offline; 12-22-2016 at 09:11 PM. Reason: additional info from sys log

Super Moderator

Thanks for all the bug reports, we're delaying R16 stable until all of them have been properly investigated.

As for some of the bugs not appearing on re-rip, it is likely that some issues - metadata related in particular - creep up only the first time some disc is seen, not if its metadata is already in dBpoweramp's cache.

Super Moderator

Update: problem finally recreated - using your config *and* CD image of one of the albums that you triggered it with.

A new beta will be out shortly, thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Update: problem finally recreated - using your config *and* CD image of one of the albums that you triggered it with.

A new beta will be out shortly, thank you for your patience.
    If someone hasn't told you lately that you're GREAT, well, you are! Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator

New beta posted, have fun with it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    Having a problem with 16.b12:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.flac' to '/Volumes/Public/brand new/flac/Audiophile Vinyl, LP and EPs/Audiophile vinyl rips 12 inch EPs/Superman-Eminem.m4a'
    (...)
    I am afraid that this is a symptom of your files being incomplete, perhaps an incomplete download?

The files appear to be OK and play properly using good gear.
    I -could- try to convert them one at a time; perhaps that might be useful.

Let me know. And, Happy Holidays!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    The files appear to be OK and play properly using good gear.
    I -could- try to convert them one at a time; perhaps that might be useful.

Let me know. And, Happy Holidays!
    If there's nothing seemingly wrong with the files - or no other software can detect any problems with them, feel free to email a sample to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis; I'll examine them.

Super Moderator

Beta 14 posted.

Various window layout remembering glitches have been corrected. Batch Converter now remembers its columns, as requested.