title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sort FLAC & ALAC into seperate directories

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Sort FLAC & ALAC into seperate directories

In the ripper settings related metadata one can tick or not the "album art" item. If ticked, the artwork will be embedded. My advice at this point is to learn a bit more about all the options and how things work before launching into multi-codec ripping. Respectfully, you haven't figured out the basics yet and you're already at an advanced step. Some thoughts:

1. click on every menu item, look where it takes you, click on any submenu items. You're just trying to see the sorts of things that are in different locations
    2. In almost every screen you'll see little "?" icons. Click on these....they take you to extensive help pages. I suspect many people never notice these help pages.

p.s. [origpath] and [origfilename] will just recreate the orginal path and filename. This is useful when converting one set of files to another codec (flac to ALAC) and keeping the same path/filename (but having a different parent directory)

Good advice and gratefully received. I am digesting the help section within the path/track naming section right now.
    Again, many thanks for your full, thorough & timely replies. sean

dBpoweramp Guru

You're welcome and there are lots of helpful people around this forum that will be very helpful when you have questions. A few years ago I knew essentially nothing about digital music. Ripping 5000 CDs to MP3 was my first mistake. That's why I'm a big fan of the rip once, rip right approach.