title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can no longer rip any files on the 21 day dBpoweramp Windows R16.1 Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lafayette
    • Sep 2016

Can no longer rip any files on the 21 day dBpoweramp Windows R16.1 Trial

I’m using the 21 day dBpoweramp Windows R16.1 Trial. Initially ripping went well with a 17 CD Chopin Complete Edition collection. After ripping several CDs successfully, but prior to completing the collection, one day I had been intending to put a guest operation on my Windows 10 computer for friends to be able to access the computer. I followed a process suggested by a Microsoft technician that went as follows:
    “Hi,
    Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.”
    I then continued ripping and everything was going well. Then I shut down the computer for the night and after turning it on the next day, dBpoweramp would not rip any CDs, even those that it had ripped before. No other programs were affected like the installed Roxio or Windows Media Player. It keeps on giving me a red X followed by “ERROR” for each track and does this very quickly. I quit the ripping and it comes up with a summary of what occurred. For each track it says ”Error ripping to FLAC”, then gives the particulars of the specific track where there was an error. On a line just below it says, “Error unable to open file” followed by the same particulars about the track. Each track can be played just fine, but it refuses to rip anymore. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the initial download which was unsuccessful, then uninstalled again and re-downloaded the 21 day dBpoweramp Windows R16.1 Trial, installed it and I get the same thing. So far I have not changed anything on the initial successful program or any of the re-installs. Does anyone know what might have occurred?
    Last edited by Lafayette; 09-02-2016, 07:36 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can no longer rip any files on the 21 day dBpoweramp Windows R16.1 Trial

What this means, is where ever you have set dbpoweramp to save the files, it no longer has write permission. Try selecting a new location.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lafayette
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      What this means, is where ever you have set dbpoweramp to save the files, it no longer has write permission. Try selecting a new location.
      Spoon, I had thought of that briefly, but it seemed too simple. I’m a licensed engineer, have worked in the design environment along with structures and mechanical condition evaluations, rehabilitations, and where I have the most control over entire projects, in construction engineering. In order to simplify time consuming calculations, I often compose algorithms for programs that are not exactly mainstream such as water vapor evaporation rates from the surface of freshly placed and finished varying types of concrete, thermodynamic reactions for tunnion, hub, and girder assemblies (a movable bridge component aggregation) of varying geometric shapes, and so on (I won’t waste your time as you’re most likely too busy for the particulars of my profession). However, we often forget Occam’s (or perhaps more properly Ockham’s) razor where it is considered a good principle to explain phenomena by the simplest hypothesis possible. Your proposal was proven successful and I’m most appreciative that you took the time to write. I’m a bit embarrassed, but my life is quite often so very busy (it’s not rare for me to work 70-80 hours without a break) that simplification may allude me in times of exhaustion. I have the program in burst mode for speed, but may change for more secure ripping. I’m enjoying the tagging with dBpoweramp as I come upon some selections I own which are rare and since it is claimed that classical music accounts for only about 2.8% of total music sales today (not good for our musicians, but great for collectors’ pricing) good metadata is hard to come by. Again, I thank you for your time and solution.
      Last edited by Lafayette; 09-04-2016, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• jultsu
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2016

What. Did. I. Just. Read.

Whatever happened to a simple "ok, that did it, thanks" ?

Comment

• Lafayette
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by jultsu
          What. Did. I. Just. Read.

Whatever happened to a simple "ok, that did it, thanks" ?
          jultsu, you’ll have to excuse me from not responding to your remark immediately. Work just happens to take priority over responding to trolls with basically insignificant discourse. My response to Spoon was a deserved compliment as Spoon took the time to provide a solution I had no time to address. It was appreciated to the point that it warranted more than just a “Thanks” response. You may not understand and that may be due to generational differences. I come from a time where people write letters, read and compose books, and generally take the time to personally communicate with others. I hope that rewarding Spoon with politeness, providing a bit more than an indifferent casual comment, did not severely offend your obvious delicate sensitivities.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Lafayette
            excuse me from not responding to your remark immediately. Work just happens to take priority over responding to trolls with basically insignificant discourse. My response to Spoon was a deserved compliment as Spoon took the time to provide a solution I had no time to address. It was appreciated to the point that it warranted more than just a &*8220;Thanks&*8221; response. You may not understand and that may be due to generational differences. I come from a time where people write letters, read and compose books, and generally take the time to personally communicate with others. I hope that rewarding Spoon with politeness, providing a bit more than an indifferent casual comment, did not severely offend your obvious delicate sensitivities.
            I don't believe it is fair to suggest that jultsu is trolling here or the comments are insignificant.

I understand your response but to some, I guess it may appear to be off topic, as this is a software forum and not social media.
            Last edited by mville; 09-14-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>