title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Jukebox for custom playlist?

Jukebox for custom playlist?

I have an iTunes playlist that I can convert to an m3u file. Asset nicely gives me a pointer to my playlist, and it shows up on the Heos controller I'm using. Could there be a way to have the Jukebox Random feature, or similar, "shuffle" the songs in this playlist?

Administrator

Re: Jukebox for custom playlist?

Normally the control point can do random on the tracks added.

Just found this thread by searching on "shuffle playlist". I have foobar2000 on an iOS device, and a Roberts internet radio, and neither can do this , so it would be really nice if Asset could provide the capability.

Related question: is there any way to re-order or delete the provided playlists?

Administrator

If you have m3u playlists then there is no way for Asset to provide re-ordering abilities it is the control point which would have to do this.

As far as removing the m3u playlist, remove the file and Asset would not show it.

Thanks. Do you mean that another kind of playlist would allow other behaviours? I used .m3u because I thought it was the standard.

Just to clarify my second question: by 're-order' I meant change the order in which the playlists are displayed, not shuffle, and I was referring to the built-in playlists.

Administrator

All playlists are handled the same.

The order of playlists are set based on alphabetic naming, so if you prepend a number before the filename it will appear before other items.