title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Jukebox for custom playlist?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billfish
    • Aug 2016

Jukebox for custom playlist?

I have an iTunes playlist that I can convert to an m3u file. Asset nicely gives me a pointer to my playlist, and it shows up on the Heos controller I'm using. Could there be a way to have the Jukebox Random feature, or similar, "shuffle" the songs in this playlist?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Jukebox for custom playlist?

Normally the control point can do random on the tracks added.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tjh
      • Oct 2016

Just found this thread by searching on "shuffle playlist". I have foobar2000 on an iOS device, and a Roberts internet radio, and neither can do this , so it would be really nice if Asset could provide the capability.

Related question: is there any way to re-order or delete the provided playlists?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have m3u playlists then there is no way for Asset to provide re-ordering abilities it is the control point which would have to do this.

As far as removing the m3u playlist, remove the file and Asset would not show it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tjh
          • Oct 2016

Thanks. Do you mean that another kind of playlist would allow other behaviours? I used .m3u because I thought it was the standard.

Just to clarify my second question: by 're-order' I meant change the order in which the playlists are displayed, not shuffle, and I was referring to the built-in playlists.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

All playlists are handled the same.

The order of playlists are set based on alphabetic naming, so if you prepend a number before the filename it will appear before other items.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>