title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

I recently upgraded to OS X El Capitan and can no longer steam from my Mac to my Naim superuniti. I can see the server on the Naim app and on the streamer but it doesn't play any of the selected songs.

I've checked that the firewall setting allows incoming connections to asset upnp. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled asset upnp but still not working. I also installed the Minimserver which doeS work.

Obviously I bought asset upnp since I liked it but it doesn't help if it doesn't work.

Please help.

Super Moderator

Re: Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

We're sorry to hear about your troubles.

Is there any firewall or antivirus software installed on your mac?

You can also try resetting Asset profile data (removing the app alone doesn't do this) - close Asset app, go to ~/Library ( in Finder, shift+cmd+G ) and remove dBpowermap folder there.

Our development system runs latest OSX El Capitan and Asset R4.7 runs on it just fine, so there must be something specifically wrong with Asset on just your machine.

Administrator

I have the Mac firewall on like I used to with Yosemite and Mavericks. In the advanced firewall options, I have set to allow file sharing and allow incoming connections for asset upnp

Deleting the library worked!! Thank you very much

new problem with Asset 4.7 on OS X yosemite is that it is not reading the contents of the directory. the only way i can get it to work is by pointing to the root directory. all the music is on an external hard drive connected to the mac. I was not having any of these problems with earlier versions of OS X. I have deleted the program and the entire library multiple times but nothing happens

Administrator

What path are you setting it to?