title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

Thumbs down Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

I recently upgraded to OS X El Capitan and can no longer steam from my Mac to my Naim superuniti. I can see the server on the Naim app and on the streamer but it doesn't play any of the selected songs.

I've checked that the firewall setting allows incoming connections to asset upnp. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled asset upnp but still not working. I also installed the Minimserver which doeS work.

Obviously I bought asset upnp since I liked it but it doesn't help if it doesn't work.

Please help.

Super Moderator

Re: Asset UPnP 4.7 not working with OS X El Capitan

We're sorry to hear about your troubles.

Is there any firewall or antivirus software installed on your mac?

You can also try resetting Asset profile data (removing the app alone doesn't do this) - close Asset app, go to ~/Library ( in Finder, shift+cmd+G ) and remove dBpowermap folder there.

Our development system runs latest OSX El Capitan and Asset R4.7 runs on it just fine, so there must be something specifically wrong with Asset on just your machine.

Administrator

I have the Mac firewall on like I used to with Yosemite and Mavericks. In the advanced firewall options, I have set to allow file sharing and allow incoming connections for asset upnp

Deleting the library worked!! Thank you very much

new problem with Asset 4.7 on OS X yosemite is that it is not reading the contents of the directory. the only way i can get it to work is by pointing to the root directory. all the music is on an external hard drive connected to the mac. I was not having any of these problems with earlier versions of OS X. I have deleted the program and the entire library multiple times but nothing happens

Administrator

What path are you setting it to?

Super Moderator

I presume you're setting library path to:
    /Volumes/<name of the device>
    And it works, but setting:
    /Volumes/<name of the device>/<name of music folder>
    Does not work.

Is the above correct?

You could try Asset R5:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-OSX-Linux
    It will soon replace R4.7. You can have both installed side by side without overwriting each other's settings.

yes exactly right!

itR5 doesn't work either. same problem that setting the name of the device works but setting the name of the music folder does not. i have OS X el capitan

I tried Asset R5 and it still not working. i have the same problem. i have ended up switching to Minimserver for now.disappointing that this is happening given that i bought the premium version. hoping it will get fixed.

Super Moderator

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I've been trying to recreate this issue with my own external hard drive but with no luck.

Is there anything special about the external hard drive? Was it formatted using a Windows machine, or was the music written to it by a mac?

In order to troubleshoot and mitigate this, please follow these steps:
    • Open Finder
    • Press Cmd+Shift+G
    • Enter "~/Library/dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3" ( -v3 for Asset R5, -v2 for Asset R4.x )
    • See the contents of "MediaFoldersWatch.txt" file there

If you've added a /Volumes/... folder, you'll see a "boorkmark://...." line in that file. It would be most helpful if you could mail the file - as written by Asset when trying to unsuccessfully add your music folder - to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.
    You can then edit the file and replace the "bookmark://...." line with plain filesystem path of your folder: /Volumes/Disk-name/Folder-name
    After that, Asset should index the folder just fine, bypassing OSX filesystem bookmark handling which seems to be acting up for you.

Thanks for your attention.