title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question re CD ripper / multi cpu

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twp
    • Aug 2016

Question re CD ripper / multi cpu

Hi!
    I have a registered reference (version 15.3) of dbpoweramp. Here's my problem: when I rip a cd, cd ripper uses only CP1 and CP2 (pass 1 ripping then encoding) even though I have an Intel i7 (4 hearts).
    The multi-cpu works only when I encode files using dbpoweramp converter (4 files at a time). Can I get to use the 4 CPUs when ripping cds? Is there a problem with my settings?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Thierry
  • jultsu
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2016

Re: Question re CD ripper / multi cpu

You would need a hyper-duper-insanely-fast cd drive to be able to rip so much audio data so fast that your processor core(s) couldn't keep up.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by twp
      Can I get to use the 4 CPUs when ripping cds? Is there a problem with my settings?
      The CD drive has a single laser and so can only read data from CD, one track at a time, using a single cpu core. This is normal.

Comment

• twp
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by jultsu
        You would need a hyper-duper-insanely-fast cd drive to be able to rip so much audio data so fast that your processor core(s) couldn't keep up.
        Right ;-) Thanks for the answer! And forget my candid question: I am pretty new to using it.

Comment

Working...

]]>