title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question about checking volume levels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtutt
    • Jul 2010

Question about checking volume levels

I want to take a flac file and check its volume level then change another one to match the first flac's level. Is there a utility that just checks the volume level so I can use that as a baseline for changing other flacs? If so, which one and how do I use it? Also, how to I access and use some of the utilities?
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question about checking volume levels

If you use the ReplayGain dsp effect, it wil calculate the loudness and write to an id tag called replaygain_xxx

You can use that to base changes.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you use the ReplayGain dsp effect, it wil calculate the loudness and write to an id tag called replaygain_xxx

You can use that to base changes.
      And when you add ReplayGain tags, I suggest you have it add both TRACK and ALBUM RG values. Both can be used (and be useful!).

Comment

• dtutt
        • Jul 2010

Got it. Thanks for your reply. How do I access the utilities? I don't see them on a right click so I'm not sure where to go in the program to run them.
        Thanks again.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dtutt
          Got it. Thanks for your reply. How do I access the utilities? I don't see them on a right click so I'm not sure where to go in the program to run them.
          Thanks again.
          for existing rips, you "convert to" with batch converter and choose the ReplayGain utility codec as your codec. You may need to install this codec first from dbpa product website.
          for new rips, you would click on DSP in the ripper screen, choose ADD, then add the ReplayGain DSP.

Comment

• dtutt
            • Jul 2010

Also, under advanced option should I use EBU or ReplayGain? When I run a batch with the codec it is just telling me the values and not changing anything, right?

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dtutt
              Also, under advanced option should I use EBU or ReplayGain? When I run a batch with the codec it is just telling me the values and not changing anything, right?
              Use the EBU, with "-18+ value, add Track and Album values. Do not check the "disable clip prevention". And yes, this is just adding tag values that ReplayGain aware players can use. The actual audio in the file is not touched at all.

Comment

Working...

]]>