title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Administrator

Re: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Which windows versions do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit version.

Question Re: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    There definitely seems to be a problem with the 16.1 Trial. I'm having the same problem as several of the previous posters. I installed the 16.1 trial over the weekend. The metadata providers GD3, discogs, and musicbrainz are greyed out. Only freedb is available.

I've tried several suggestions I found in the forum to no avail. I then installed the PerfectTunes trial, hoping that would enable the providers, unfortunately, it didn't. I uninstalled both and reinstalled the dBpoweramp trial, but still can access the providers or the PerfectMeta functionality.

I would really like to be able to test the full functionality of the metadata checking across the various providers before making a purchasing decision. Since the trial is supposed to be fully functional, I would appreciate advice on how to correct the problem.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit version.
    Hi Spoon,

Any progress on this?

Administrator

Thanks Spoon!

I am a new trialist and had all the problems mentioned in this thread.
    I did as you suggested and the problem with the metadata is solved.
    I now have 20 days left of my trial but the beta option runs until June.
    Do I register and purchase in 20 days or in June?

Administrator

20 days.

Re: Installed 16.6 Reg -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Sorry to raise this again but I'm having the same issue since I installed my registered copy of the program on a new computer recently (Version 16.6 on Windows 10 64 bit). I have installed the software as an Admin. It worked fine on my previous computers running Windows 10.

Would like to get this sorted asap as I don't have the time or inclination to manually type in the metadata.

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Karl

Administrator

Thanks - I have upgraded.

Karl

Hello:

I'm an old (ver 16.1 ,about Jan. 2016), lapsed (work, real life) and new (yesterday, stuck indoors with COVID, purchased 17.2) user. And this seemingly recurring problem is well, recurring.

The software says it it fully licensed with no restrictions. The symptom is that metadata is extraordinarily slow to load, and the CD ripper freezes while you wait. I thought it was just broken, but left it waiting for metadata once, and eventually, the program found the metadata and returned to the ripping screen. But I was looking at this, for a tad over three minutes:

Screenshot 2021-01-18 171601.jpg

That plainly won't work during a serious work session.

I've gotten this far logged in as Admin, but I suspect this will also work the same way in a standard user account. Just a crazy delay. But it looks fixable based on past experience.

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything I should configure/try/report.

And congrats on a nice program -- liked it before, and still like it. Simple and effective. Just a tad crippled at present.

Thanks
    Mike

P.S.: Confirmed. Same behavior in a standard user account, and the interval is just about at three minutes.
    Last edited by MRoweVA; 01-18-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Update:

Administrator

If using R17.2, restart Windows in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and see how quick metadata retrieval is.

Just tested all providers and it took 9 seconds to read from all 4.

OK. Will do that later this evening and report back. So we're expecting a conflict?

Just fyi, I did try turning off all of the AV stuff -- but that was from their respective in-GUI interfaces, which, as we know, isn't always "off."

But, sounds like a good experiment -- should have something in a couple of hours.

Appreciate the help.

Mike

@ Spoon:

Confirmed. Booting Safe Mode with Networking results in a nearly instantaneous read and return to the ripping screen. So if that's diagnostically useful, send me my next chore and I'll get right on it.

There is one odd thing though. Did we lose a lot of database support somewhere while I was out? I tested with AC/DC's "Black Ice," and it was back in a flash, ready to rip and compare with accurate-rip. No surprise there.

But the databases couldn't ID Tracy Chapman's "Crossroads" or Sara Bareilles' "Little Voice?" Ian Ethan Case I can understand -- he's quite talented, but not that famous . . . yet. Check him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TlsJCqf5NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLLSdo9f3O4

But my point here is that Jackson Browne's "Solo Acoustic Vol.1" isn't exactly obscure. Yet for all three of these, the system needed help (name, artist) and on at least a couple there was no accurate-rip info. Don't recall that being the case before. I mention it on the theory that this too could be diagnostically useful - in Safe Mode the response is so fast that I can't see what the system is reading and what it might not be. Maybe we're not able to check all sources?

Or this might be and unrelated problem. Haven't used the software in sometime, so I'm trying to relearn. I also seem to recall multi-threaded CPUs being able to rip multiple tracks at once -- but that might be an earlier program I used, or the somewhat more powerful PC and Drive I was using -- this is the basement machine.

I'll be fine I think once I get this glitch sorted.

OK, more than enough here -- appreciate the help very much and happy to keep testing with some instruction. And still like the software -- it was, for example, MUCH easier on the disc drive than what I had been using last time I was working on the music library.

Best,
    Mike

Hmmm . . .my attempt to report vanished when I said "post it." I hope I'm not double posting. I seem to be having a "snake bit" day when it comes to tech. Now let's see, as I was saying . . .

Theory confirmed: Safe mode + networking results in an nearly instant return to the main screen, ready to rip with accurate-rip on line.

But the database has never heard of Jackson Browne's "Solo Acoustic Vol 1," Sarah Bareilles' "Little Voice," or Tracy Chapman's "Crossroads?" Are we sure the software is actually checking? These three were all found when I supplied Artist and Album name -- but no accurate-rip, it appeared. AC/DC's Black Ice, my initial test, was a winner though.

Understand that less well known music like Ian Ethan Case might not be there -- though it often was -- and he's worth a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TlsJCqf5NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLLSdo9f3O4

So that got me wondering.

Thanks, and let me know what to try next . . .

Mike