title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Administrator

Re: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

If you have previously used the trial, or had dBpoweramp installed previously then the trial would not activate.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, I should have remembered that.

I also have the issue that the metadata from the 4 providers is greyed out in the Review Pertectmeta Matches page in dBpoweramp16.1. I have the 'paid' version which I upgraded from the paid version of 15.3.

My workaround is to select each provider in turn from "Retrieve metadata from:", which shows the metadata on the main page and the go back to the best provider. The main problem with this is that I cannot take tags from different providers, which would minimize editing.

I have searched the forum for a solution, but although there are several reports of similar issues, none of the proposed solutions works for me.

Administrator

The upgrade from R15 Reference to R16 reference would be a paid upgrade to maintain the reference features. The perfectmeta option needs Reference.

I thought I had the Reference. I paid for R15 in March 2015 and my invoice for the upgrade to R16.1 is dated 22/10/2016.

Is there something I missed? I wonder if I should uninstall R16.1, download a new copy and reinstall?

Administrator

Yes, download from here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

The new download solved the problem

Thank you very much

I just installed Release 16.1 64 bit (fully registered, no restrictions) to window 10 PC, after use trial version for 21 days.
    When Manual Meta Review is cliecked, no information is displayed for under Discogs, GD3, Music Branz, and freedb. I have confirmed these are turned on in "Active Providers". Please kindly advise how to access the data baase.

Administrator

If you have previously used the trial, or had dBpoweramp installed previously then the trial would not activate.

I'm confused. I am on a trial, first time trying but heard good things about accuracy and metadata. But I'm not getting much meta data pulled on CD I'm trying. Freedb is the only one it pulls, others are grayed out. So is there a way to try out the metadata lookups to decide about purchasing?

Administrator

It sounds like the trial has not activated. If you create a new user account in windows and give it administrator access rights when creating, sign into this account and install dbpoweramp you should get the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It sounds like the trial has not activated. If you create a new user account in windows and give it administrator access rights when creating, sign into this account and install dbpoweramp you should get the trial.
    I've just installed the 16.1 trial as well. The metadata providers GD3, discogs, and musicbrainz are greyed out. Only freedb is available. I would really like to get the full functionality of the metadata checking across the various providers. If this works as advertised I plan to purchase a copy. My trial says 21 days remaining so I assume it is activated. Help would be appreciated. I'm also trying the EZ CD audio converter - it doesn't have any issues accessing various databases. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas!

Administrator

Did you create a new user account with administrator access rights?

My windows user account has administrator access. Why would I need to create a new account to run this trial?

There definitely seems to be a problem with the 16.1 Trial. I'm having the same problem as several of the previous posters. I installed the 16.1 trial over the weekend. The metadata providers GD3, discogs, and musicbrainz are greyed out. Only freedb is available.

I've tried several suggestions I found in the forum to no avail. I then installed the PerfectTunes trial, hoping that would enable the providers, unfortunately, it didn't. I uninstalled both and reinstalled the dBpoweramp trial, but still can access the providers or the PerfectMeta functionality.

I would really like to be able to test the full functionality of the metadata checking across the various providers before making a purchasing decision. Since the trial is supposed to be fully functional, I would appreciate advice on how to correct the problem.

Thanks.