title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Administrator

Re: Installed 16.6 Reg -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

The safemode would not load any security software, so that is likely blocking access to the internet.

Keep trying different discs, popular discs should have no issues getting metadata. Also check the date and time on the computer, https is used and that needs the correct date and time.

Merci:

Despite my experiments the other evening, 'twas BitDefender after all. Turned it off again and tested with Jackson Browne and it came right up. Added CDGrab.exe to exclusions, turned protection back on, and all is good. Many thanks.

And apologies. I thought I had managed to test this before I got in touch, but I must have botched it somehow.

Now good to go with some new music. Keep up the good work.

Spoon:

A quick note for something that might help. You assisted on this thread with my earlier problems accessing metadata and accurate rip on my basement workstation. All was fine upstairs, but down below ground -- not so much. And coming back a couple of months later, I encountered problems again. Took me a while to get back to troubleshooting, and there are two things that seem to have been part of the problem.

The first, which made me feel foolish, was that the advanced settings has a check box that says "allow access to the internet." Hadn't occurred to me that this was an issue, and I certainly don't recall unchecking the box. Not sure if I glitched or the software did. But it might be worth a bit of code that would point to this possibility when the thing can't get to the internet, and reminds you that the box is present.

Second, I have a firewall set to block outbound ports unless I grant permission. If I set the machine to allow it always communicate outbound, and check the box above, everything works. That's a viable solution I can turn on and off during ripping sessions, but if there are particular outbound TCP or UDP ports the program uses, that'd be handy.

Program is working perfectly now and continues to be a great tool.

Thanks much.