title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • margolbe
    • Nov 2006

Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

I just installed 16.1 and I can't seem to access any of the metadata providers. When I looked at the options, they are all greyed out.

What can I do to access them?
    Last edited by margolbe; 08-09-2016, 08:15 PM.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Installed 16.1 -- unable to access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz

Registered version? If yes, check your security software.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Run dBpoweramp from icon on the desktop and it will show registration status.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• christech81
        • Oct 2016

Hello all,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I would like some advice.

Today I installed dBpoweramp 16.1 reference free for 21 days on Windows 10.

Unfortunately on some of my test CD's the metadata is not retrieved, the CD ripper settings for "Retrieve metadata from" are dBpoweramp cache and freedb, the options for Discogs, GD3 and MusicBrainz are greyed out.

Under active providers I have dBpoweramp and freedb, the options for PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup), Discogs, GD3 and MusicBrainz are present but greyed out.

My registration status is Unregistered Trial 21 days remain.

Please can you tell me how to enable the other providers and PerfectMeta.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by christech81
          Hello all,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I would like some advice.

Today I installed dBpoweramp 16.1 reference free for 21 days on Windows 10.

Unfortunately on some of my test CD's the metadata is not retrieved, the CD ripper settings for "Retrieve metadata from" are dBpoweramp cache and freedb, the options for Discogs, GD3 and MusicBrainz are greyed out.

Under active providers I have dBpoweramp and freedb, the options for PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup), Discogs, GD3 and MusicBrainz are present but greyed out.

My registration status is Unregistered Trial 21 days remain.

Please can you tell me how to enable the other providers and PerfectMeta.

Thank you in advance.

Try Run as Administrator. A colleague had this on a couple of PCs with the trial version, and this resolved the issue.

Oggy
          Last edited by Oggy; 10-23-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• christech81
            • Oct 2016

Thank you Oggy, I've tried running dBpoweramp as an administrator and unfortunately that did not work so I uninstalled and re-installed dBpoweramp running as administrator, that did not work either and I no longer have the option to try PerfectTunes!

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Is the access of Discogs, GD3 and MusicBrainz with the free version possible at all?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

They are possible, however it sounds like the trial is not working in this instance.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• christech81
                  • Oct 2016

Thanks Dat Ei, I was under the impression that the 21 day trial of dBpoweramp had full functionality, my mistake, shame as I want to know how good the metadata matching is - I've already noticed inconsistencies with the dBpoweramp cache and freedb - such as multiple disc sets, calling the first disc CD1 then then second disk (Disc Two) etc. Nothing to do with dBpoweramp, just the variable quality of freedb.

Comment

• christech81
                    • Oct 2016

Thank you Spoon, is there anything I can try to get the providers working?

Comment

• toots
                      • Oct 2006

I also cannot access any databases since I went up to 16.1 (64 bit, Win 10). My Registration status is "Power Pack Registered". It all used to work and now it doesn't. Where is the page that used to allow you to re-enter your details which seemd to sort it out. I've tried running as Admin from the desktop and other suggestions but it's no use. Help, this used to be such a good program.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Which version were you using before the upgrade?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• toots
                          • Oct 2006

64 bit, Registered Reference Release 15.3 As it is working exactly as it should, I've gone back to it for now. If I ask for the available update, it offer 16.1 which then doesn't work correctly.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

R15 Reference to R16 Reference is a paid upgrade, without it reference features are not enabled.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GaryG45
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jan 2014

I installed the trial version of R16.1 Reference today in order to see the metadata differences from R15. I'm registered for R15 Reference on a different PC. On the PC with the trial version of R16.1 I also cannot access discogs, gd3 or musicbrainz. Can these metadata sites only be accessed with a registered version of R16.1?

Comment

Working...

]]>