title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DBpoweramp R16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DBpoweramp R16

Currently using R15.3. Do I need to uninstall this version, before installing 16? Also, do I then need to re-install other codecs e.g. DSD codec, after installing 16?
    Thanks.

Administrator

Re: DBpoweramp R16

It is best to uninstall, at the same time uninstall the codecs and update to the latest versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is best to uninstall, at the same time uninstall the codecs and update to the latest versions.
    Just to clarify, if I have version R15.3 do I pay for the upgrade to 16?

Thanks

Administrator

If you have dBpoweramp Reference R15.x, then the upgrade to R16 is classed as a major update and requires an update fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you have dBpoweramp Reference R15.x, then the upgrade to R16 is classed as a major update and requires an update fee.
    Thanks, I had assumed that to be the case.

When I open db and check for updates r.16 is classified as an update in the program and it should be free. Very deceiving. An update implies a fix or update to the current version. A upgrade would imply a fee to go to the next version. This is the standard for all other software why is yours so ill-defined?

I just purchased a registered version and the Norton reports a virus in the down load. No problem with the free download.