title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper not working, no window comes up.

Unhappy CD Ripper not working, no window comes up.

Just installed the paid for software and the CD Ripper window will not even come up. Music Converter and Batch converter windows do come up.
    I tried the trial version first, and CD Ripper window came up and worked (albeit for a fully functioning evaluation only freeDB was available, not so fully functioning)
    I then bought and installed the software and now CD Ripper window will not come up.
    Uninstalled the software and reinstalled the trial version, and now it does not work either, the CD Ripper window will not even come up.
    There is an icon created in the task menu but clicking on it will not make the CD Ripper window visible on screen.

Windows 10, HP ENVY Phoenix 860st Desktop PC

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper not working, no window comes up.

Try starting it with no cd disc in the drive. If not work, right click on dBpoweramp icon on desktop >> run as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try starting it with no cd disc in the drive. If not work, right click on dBpoweramp icon on desktop >> run as administrator.
    Thanks for your response. Unfortunately neither of these suggestions change the behavior of the CD Ripper window not appearing on the screen. An icon does get created in the task bar giving the appearance that the program was begun, but no window appears in the display area. Again, the original trial version I installed worked just fine. Then I installed the paid for version. I did not uninstall the trial version before hand. Then this problem arouse. I looked for the trial version to uninstall, but could not find it. I then uninstalled the paid for version. I then installed the trial version, and the trial version now would not work, no window for the CD Ripper. Again, the other tools, music converter and batch converter do come up. I uninstalled the trial version and reinstalled the paid version and I am still stuck with a non working product.

Administrator

Run this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

then reinstall registered version.

Spoon,

You are indeed "Da Man". I am pleased to report that the very clean uninstall of dBPowerAmp was successful, and a reinstall is working. CD Ripper is now back to working. Thank you. I appreciate your assistance.

InvaderMike

I have this problem on Mac. After a very long wait sometimes window appears. I am running 15.6 (1) on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Administrator

If you use iTunes, does the disc appear straight away in iTunes?

If you use iTunes, does the disc appear straight away in iTunes?
    Yes. Didn't have this problem until 15.6 version.

Administrator

Problem fixed in Beta 3.

Beta 3 fixed problem. Thanks!