title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

Every time I try to access the CD writer program the same message is displayed which indicated the program "needs music converter F13 reference or newer. " I've already bought/downloaded F16, the newest and the same message is being displayed. I've tried removing all dBpoweramp programs and reinstalling: same result. Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Any chance this will change? Using Windows Media Player to burn a disk creeps me out.

- Win10 x64

Administrator

It is unlikely.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by stujomo View Post
    Every time I try to access the CD writer program the same message is displayed which indicated the program "needs music converter F13 reference or newer. " I've already bought/downloaded F16, the newest and the same message is being displayed. I've tried removing all dBpoweramp programs and reinstalling: same result. Any ideas?
    me too .. pls find screen shot.dbpower cd writer.jpg

Administrator

You have the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp installed, but CD writer needs the 32 bit version, uninstall dBpoweramp and see:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Compatibility

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp installed, but CD writer needs the 32 bit version, uninstall dBpoweramp and see:

many thanks,
    keeping fingers crossed, all goes well !!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

sir,

tried uninstalling the 1st time & tried re installing as per your instruction ( to keep pressing the SHIFT key ) but no luck.
    i even went tp the extent of deleting "illustrate" & "dbpower" items from the regitry but no luck.
    i got these errors in the regestry while trying to delete - attached screen shotsdbpower uninstall error.jpgdbpower uninstall error 2.JPG

Administrator

You press the right shift key? Once installed it should not say 64 bit on the control centre.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

You press the right shift key? Once installed it should not say 64 bit on the control centre.
    yessssir, got it ...
    many thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    yessssir, got it ...
    many thanks
    sir,
    managed to install & it starts up well .. but it doesn't detect ANY drive, internal or external ???

attached screenshot.2019-05-28 (2).jpg2019-05-28 (1).jpg

Administrator

Then the program is incompatible with your CD drive. We are unable to offer any support on this program any more, sorry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Then the program is incompatible with your CD drive. We are unable to offer any support on this program any more, sorry.
    strange ...
    so which drive is the program compatible with ???

dBpoweramp Guru

I think it would be easier to think about a different software.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    I think it would be easier to think about a different software.

Dat Ei
    yes, i am using Nero & CDburnerXp https://cdburnerxp.se/en/download ( free ) , for Windows and Toast & Burn on my MacBook Pro and these are really good.
    it's just that i love trying out software so though I'd try Mr Spoon's CD Writer as i thought the dBpower can detect the drives, the CD Writer would be able to too ...

thanks any ways