title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stujomo
    • Aug 2016

CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

Every time I try to access the CD writer program the same message is displayed which indicated the program "needs music converter F13 reference or newer. " I've already bought/downloaded F16, the newest and the same message is being displayed. I've tried removing all dBpoweramp programs and reinstalling: same result. Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CANNOT ACCESS CD WRITER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DOWNLOADED DbPOWERAMP REFERENCE

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

CD Writer is 32 bit only
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2006

Any chance this will change? Using Windows Media Player to burn a disk creeps me out.

- Win10 x64

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is unlikely.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by stujomo
          Every time I try to access the CD writer program the same message is displayed which indicated the program "needs music converter F13 reference or newer. " I've already bought/downloaded F16, the newest and the same message is being displayed. I've tried removing all dBpoweramp programs and reinstalling: same result. Any ideas?
          me too .. pls find screen shot.Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpower cd writer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	294057

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You have the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp installed, but CD writer needs the 32 bit version, uninstall dBpoweramp and see:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
              You have the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp installed, but CD writer needs the 32 bit version, uninstall dBpoweramp and see:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Compatibility
              many thanks,
              keeping fingers crossed, all goes well !!

Comment

• Hitarth
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2017

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Compatibility
                sir,

tried uninstalling the 1st time & tried re installing as per your instruction ( to keep pressing the SHIFT key ) but no luck.
                i even went tp the extent of deleting "illustrate" & "dbpower" items from the regitry but no luck.
                i got these errors in the regestry while trying to delete - attached screen shotsClick image for larger version

Name:	dbpower uninstall error.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	294058Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpower uninstall error 2.JPG
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	294059

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

You press the right shift key? Once installed it should not say 64 bit on the control centre.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2017

You press the right shift key? Once installed it should not say 64 bit on the control centre.
                    yessssir, got it ...
                    many thanks

Comment

• Hitarth
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Hitarth
                      yessssir, got it ...
                      many thanks
                      sir,
                      managed to install & it starts up well .. but it doesn't detect ANY drive, internal or external ???

attached screenshot.Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-28 (2).jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	294062Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-28 (1).jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	294063

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Then the program is incompatible with your CD drive. We are unable to offer any support on this program any more, sorry.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2017

Then the program is incompatible with your CD drive. We are unable to offer any support on this program any more, sorry.
                          strange ...
                          so which drive is the program compatible with ???

Comment

• Dat Ei
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Feb 2014

I think it would be easier to think about a different software.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Hitarth
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                              I think it would be easier to think about a different software.

Dat Ei
                              yes, i am using Nero & CDburnerXp https://cdburnerxp.se/en/download ( free ) , for Windows and Toast & Burn on my MacBook Pro and these are really good.
                              it's just that i love trying out software so though I'd try Mr Spoon's CD Writer as i thought the dBpower can detect the drives, the CD Writer would be able to too ...

thanks any ways

Comment

Working...

]]>