title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSD Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtutt
    • Jul 2010

DSD Codec

Why is 96 recommended - will 88.2 be a problem?
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSD Codec

96KHz is more of a standard playback frequency than 88.2, you might find players which cannot play 88,2KHz
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dtutt
      • Jul 2010

My Oppo plays 88.2 so i was wondering if i would ever hear any difference at all between 96 and 88.2
      Seems like 88.2 is pretty popular as well looking around the web.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

• Lynx_TWO
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dtutt
        My Oppo plays 88.2 so i was wondering if i would ever hear any difference at all between 96 and 88.2
        Seems like 88.2 is pretty popular as well looking around the web.
        Thanks for your reply.
        dtutt - If your Oppo natively plays 88.2 kHz then you should be fine. The 'issues' can come in if the player won't play 88.2 kHz at all. Some people will argue mathematical errors if converting 44.1 to 96Khz, and Spoon can correct me if I'm wrong, but modern computers can throw so much computing power at the problem the results are completely inaudible. This might be why DSD to 44.1 takes far longer than DSD to 88.2 or 96Khz. If you look at the Spectrogram of DSD converted to 88.2 or 96 kHz, anything above 24Khz is sheer noise, so perhaps the "best" conversion would be 48 kHz... I don't know of any real measurable differences between 48 kHz and something higher unless the difference is errors introduced by the hardware resampling 48 kHz to a higher or lower sample rate in order to play it....

Comment

Working...

]]>