title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag From Filename

Question Tag From Filename

I want to use Tag From Filename to write id tags and then write them to an xml file using the DSP plugin Write Metadata File, but it does not write an XML file.
    using R14.3
    also using CLI it does not write an XML file

command
    CoreConverter.exe -infile="D:\audio\%input%" -outfile="D:\audio\1.mp3" -dspeffect1="Write metadata file=-xsltfile={qt}C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\DSPs\XSLT\Tags.xsl{qt} -ext={qt}{qt}" -convert_to="[Tag From Filename]" -naming="[artist] - [title] - [album]"

is this because the DSP comes before the conversion, and why does it not write the xml without the tags ?

what am I doing wrong ?

thx

Administrator

Re: Tag From Filename

It is not possible to use these from coreconverter, because music converter has to be used.

thank You for your response.
    I tried it with music convertor, but this also not write an xml file.
    I also tried it with the test decoder, with the dsp write xml file plug in, but get an error.

Error converting to Test Conversion, 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.wav' to 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.IGNORE'
    Error reading audio info, file does not exist 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.IGNORE'
    Error reading audio properties, file does not exist 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.IGNORE'
    Error reading file date time, file does not exist 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.IGNORE'
    Error reading file date time, file does not exist 'D:\audio\10_CC_SILLY_LOVE.IGNORE'

can you please check if You have the same behaviour ?
    many thanks and best regards

Administrator

Yes the write metadata xml DSP needs the file to be converted, [Tag from filename] does not do that.

Thank You for Your answer
    it is clear now

best regards