title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Custom Metadata and Batch Ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stephen B.
    • Jul 2016

Custom Metadata and Batch Ripping

Hi, we just got a Nimbie USB to use for a large project preserving CD-Rs of recitals and concert from a music school. Since they aren't commercial recordings, we won't be able to get metadata from any online database. So far the only option I can see is to manually enter information when each disc is loaded. This kind of defeats the point of having a robotic drive, because it can't run unattended. Is there any method of doing this that I am missing? All we really need is to be able to assign a unique ID to each album, which will then be used as the track filenames. I've experimented some with using [unique] in the file naming, but that doesn't really achieve what we need.

Is it possible to somehow query a text file or some kind of local database that can provide enough metadata to generate those filenames?

Thank you
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Custom Metadata and Batch Ripping

Try:

[discunique]\[track]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stephen B.
      • Jul 2016

Re: Custom Metadata and Batch Ripping

Thank you for your help. That does get me a little closer to a workflow that I think could work. It will just require batch renaming after ripping, and keeping the discs in order. How does it assign the unique numbers? Is it always the next larger integer that doesn't already exist on the computer? I ask because the numbers I've gotten in testing sometimes skip one.

Is there no feature to query a text file or local database prior to ripping?

Comment

Working...

]]>