title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD burn comes out improperly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b8375629
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

CD burn comes out improperly

Tried burning mp3 podcast files to a CD and found the following two issues:

1.) The 9th track down isn't being burned properly on the resulting CD

see bad_rip.png

I've been through three blanks and it changes a different badly burned track each time so it's not the same file. It's just deciding to not complete any one out of the twenty two tracks being burned here. I have about 7mb of empty space left so it should have enough room to finalize and all that.

2.) Then it's also not burning the tracks in the original track order, leaving off the leading number as can be seen below. It's placing the artists field in front of it and leaving the track number completely off for some reason. This is how the files look on my HD.

see original order.png

Compare that to the attachment up above. I only know this at the end after the mp3 CD is burned. No errors, no nothing. You can see in the second attachment that all the files look normal, but not on the final burned CD which you see with the first attachment.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD burn comes out improperly

You are writing a data CD containing mp3 files, with 'dBpoweramp cd writer'?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• b8375629
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      You are writing a data CD containing mp3 files, with 'dBpoweramp cd writer'?
      What I want is an mp3 CD that's playable on most CD players.

Is there a better way?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

For ripping your CD or converting your music into mp3 format, dBpoweramp is the right choice. For burning a CD, I would choose CDburnXP.

Dat Ei

Comment

• b8375629
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          For ripping your CD or converting your music into mp3 format, dBpoweramp is the right choice. For burning a CD, I would choose CDburnXP.

Dat Ei
          Really?

Hmmm....

It already is in mp3 format so I don't need to do that again. I'm surprised you suggested that, though.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Only special cd players will play mp3 data cds, all will play cds written as an audio cd, just like the ones bought in the store. Clarify which you are creating please.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• b8375629
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2006

Only special cd players will play mp3 data cds, all will play cds written as an audio cd, just like the ones bought in the store. Clarify which you are creating please.
              Gee, my car stereo plays them.

Ok, I want an Audio CD using mp3 files.

Maybe it shouldn't be called a "Data CD", but I do not want them converted into WAV or anything else. Otherwise they won't fit on to a standard 700mb blank CD

Does that help?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you have Windows 7 or newer, your blank cd disc can be formatted (in Windows explorer), you can drag and drop the files with windows explorer, then right click to finalize the disc.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• b8375629
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • May 2006

_

Well I was using mostly ImgBurn before it was infected with adware. I may have to use the old CDBurnerXP I have on a portable flash drive.

If you have Windows 7 or newer, your blank cd disc can be formatted (in Windows explorer), you can drag and drop the files with windows explorer, then right click to finalize the disc.
                  Ok so there's really no way to fix this problem I'm having in dBpoweramp, is there? Yes? No?

That would be a real shame since this looks like the weakest link in what is otherwise fine software.

:(

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

I am not even sure if you are using 'dBpoweramp CD Writer', however, this program is unsupported now for the last 5 years.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2014

Hey b8375629,

I'm still confused about what you are trying to do. Ok- let's start all over to get the things sorted out.

You have mp3 podcasts which you try to burn as mp3 files on a cd. You like to play this cd on your car's cd player, which is able to play mp3 files. Is this right?

In that case: you can only write mp3 files cds having the format of a data cd, but not the format of an audio cd. mp3 compatible cd players can read and handle those data cds. Keep in mind: CD Ripper is not a tool for writing, but for ripping CDs.

If you want an cd in audio format (red book standard), then you need to convert your mp3s into wave files first and then write an audio cd.

Dat Ei

Comment

• b8375629
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2006

You have mp3 podcasts which you try to burn as mp3 files on a cd. You like to play this cd on your car's cd player, which is able to play mp3 files. Is this right?
                        Yup

In that case: you can only write mp3 files cds having the format of a data cd, but not the format of an audio cd.
                        Yup, that's what I tried to do up above and encountered those errors

mp3 compatible cd players can read and handle those data cds.
                        I know. My car player can play these.

Keep in mind: CD Ripper is not a tool for writing, but for ripping CDs.
                        Wow, that is news to me. I thought you could use it for that. I didn't know that.

Bear in mind that I've had dBpoweramp for years but I never tried to utilize this particular feature until now. I've used the ripper before but never wrote to blank CDs doing it this way. Looks like I'll have to use a different program for this.

If you want an cd in audio format (red book standard), then you need to convert your mp3s into wave files first and then write an audio cd.
                        Yeah and that's exactly what I don't want to do in this particular case.

I noticed when I picked the Audio CD selection in the dropdown selection, it wanted to automatically convert all my mp3s to WAV/redbook, which I thought was pretty weird. No dialog warning or anything.

I have an old car without podcast functionality so if I want to start listening to podcasts, I have to do it this old fashioned way for now.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

Hey b8375629,

Originally posted by b8375629
                          Wow, that is news to me. I thought you could use it for that. I didn't know that.

Bear in mind that I've had dBpoweramp for years but I never tried to utilize this particular feature until now. I've used the ripper before but never wrote to blank CDs doing it this way. Looks like I'll have to use a different program for this.
                          there are several ways to Rome. As Spoon has written the program 'dBpoweramp CD Writer' is unsupported for more than 5 years. You can try to use the CD writer functionality of Windows, or more convenient programs like CDburnXP.

Yeah and that's exactly what I don't want to do in this particular case.
                          I wouldn't want it too, cause it extra costs time for converting and extra space on the CD.

I have an old car without podcast functionality so if I want to start listening to podcasts, I have to do it this old fashioned way for now.
                          You may want to check in what order your car player will play the files on the mp3 cd. Maybe the player can handle playlists, so that you can have an order as you like.

Dat Ei

Comment

• b8375629
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • May 2006

Hey b8375629,

You may want to check in what order your car player will play the files on the mp3 cd. Maybe the player can handle playlists, so that you can have an order as you like.
                            Well my CD player is as old as the car is and doesn't read tags or playlists, only file names. Putting a simple "01, 02, 03, etc..." in front of the file name puts it in the order that it needs to be put in.

I used CDBurnerXP to do what I needed to do last night and it worked just fine with no errors. I'm glad to see they're still occasionally upgrading it with the latest version coming in last year, not to mention they have a version without adware like Open Candy. You have to go to their website to get that one, though.

Since the dBPoweramp CD Writer is useless in my particular case, is there any way to uninstall it without uninstalling the CD Ripper as well?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

You would have installed CD Writer separately as it is not bundled with dBpoweramp, look in Programs and Features to uninstall.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>