title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't edit the metadata on 24 bit wav

Can't edit the metadata on 24 bit wav

I have recently downloaded Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP from Bleep. This is a 24 bit WAV. When I close the metadata editor after editing my changes are not saved. I thought this might be because I was not using the latest version of dBpoweamp so I paid to upgrade to the latest version, sadly, this has not helped.

Can anybody help me to edit the metadata? Thanks

Re: Can't edit the metadata on 24 bit wav

To elaborate, I usually rip CDs and buy downloaded music in FLAC, the metadata edits fine. I only went for WAV for this album because the hi-res version was only available in that format. The metadata on the supplied file did not have an 'Album Artist'. When I try to insert one using dBpoweamp it allows me to do so but when the editor is closed the changes are not saved.

Administrator

It is likely the format already has a 'wave list' type tag, this cannot have album artist, if you visit codec central and install [id tag update] then convert this file to this utility codec, the tags will be updated to id3 chunk also, which can have album artist.

Thanks Spoon, worked like a charm.