title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R16 - interface questions and possible bugs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LesPaul
    • May 2013

R16 - interface questions and possible bugs

I just installed CD Ripper R16 and am confused by some of the interface changes from R15.

1) When ripping a disc, R15 reported a percentage complete in the window title bar. What's the equivalent in R16? If I have several windows minimized, it now seems no longer possible for me to tell the progress by mousing over the task bar.

2) How do you tell when Metadata is being retrieved, vs. when all requests have been answered and there's no Metadata present in any of the databases? In R15, the Metadata button would sort of "freeze", looking depressed while the searches ran. In the flat interface of R16, I'm not clear what the equivalent signal is.

3) Is there any way to config to use standard windows conventions for title bar, minimize/restore/maximize/close? The non-changing icon for maximize/restore is confusing relative to the standard windows convention (which shows a double rectangle when the window is maximized and a single rectangle when the window is not maximized; R16 seems to show a single rectangle regardless of the window state).

Then to more bug-type things...

4) Earlier releases had an occasional but reasonably frequency persistence of menu rollover text boxes. Seems like R16 is worse. See attached image for three such persistent display bugs. They remain no matter what windows are minimized, though it seems that they might disappear once all CD Ripper windows are closed (regardless of which windows caused the glitch) - but I haven't tested thoroughly.

Have also noticed the run-on concatenation of terms for album art Internet search resulting in much lower hit rate for art, but I think this issue was reported in this forum and acknowledged as a bug (if not, I can document further).

Thank you for any help with these questions!

-Ethan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LesPaul; 07-19-2016, 07:41 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R16 - interface questions and possible bugs

1) We will look into this
    2) The refresh button stays down whilst metadata is being retrieved.
    3) it is not possible sorry
    4) We will look into this

The album art, if previously supplied by AMG in R15, there is nothing we can do to resurrect AMG in R16 as the service is End of Life. However try R16.1 which is in testing.
    Last edited by Spoon; 07-19-2016, 10:30 AM.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LesPaul
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      [...]
      2) The refresh button stays down whilst metadata is being retrieved.
      3) it is not possible sorry
      [...]
      Thank you for the quick reply.

RE: 2 and 3. I find the primary buttons difficult to discern on several displays - they're sort of white on very light grey, correct? With a narrow border and perhaps a small shadow on the bottom? Without contrast, to my eyes they blend into each other and aren't that easy to detect when "depressed". To my eyes, greater contrast between the buttons and backgrounds, and the "depressed" and default states of the buttons, would be quite welcome.

Comment

• PhilS
        • Feb 2012

FYI, R16 beta 5 shows % complete in the task bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (12).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	293185

Comment

• LesPaul
          • May 2013

Originally posted by PhilS
          FYI, R16 beta 5 shows % complete in the task bar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1023[/ATTACH]
          Cool!

Comment

Working...

]]>