title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Basic question re ASSET UPNP and iphone

Basic question re ASSET UPNP and iphone

Hello
    I have just purchased Asset UPnP for IOS.
    I may be much mistaken, but my hope was that I would be able to install this on my iphone to enable me to remotely play music stored on NAS through my Network Audio Player (ie my iphone would simply control which music was played, it would not act as the player itself).

Is this possible, or have I misunderstood the software?

Many thanks

Administrator

Re: Basic question re ASSET UPNP and iphone

Asset is the server which runs on the NAS, not the control point or player which runs on the iPhones.

Thank you - although I am afraid my understanding is still at a fairly basic level.
    Currently my NAS (Buffalo Linkstation) contains FLAC files created (very successfully) using DBPoweramp. I then access these files via a Pioneer N-50A network music player which is controlled remotely from an iphone using a Pioneer app. However, the app does not seem to allow the creation of playlists, which is something I would like to do. Otherwise it all performs fine. Possibly incorrectly, I gained the impression that Asset would help me create playlists. Is Asset something that is likely to be of use in my setup? If so, how do I install it to the NAS, and should I install the windows version (which is what my networked PC uses) or the IOS version?

Administrator

I do not think asset is for you, it does not fulfil your requirements, please personal mail your order number for a refund.

Dear Spoon

May I too ask for a refund? I have Asset UPNP running on a Raspberry Pi but I have found too many issues with WAV files and tags. I want to be able to have the same folders system I use with Windows 10, where all my music is already sorted numberically by track numbers. There looks like an enormous work to do to get the system working. Apologies.

Administrator

Browse by Additional >> File and Folder browsing

Many, many thanks. I have found them now. I just need to get Asset to start automatically on reboot and all is good. I have posted about this today.