title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Issue with V4.7 for QNAP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buntobox
    • Oct 2013

Issue with V4.7 for QNAP

After running V5 beta 8 for the last month as a trial on my new QNAP server/Naim control point, I decided to buy the full version. That gave me V4.7 which I'm afraid to say was a mess. With the trial I had been urged by Spoon to use V5 beta 8 in order to avail myself of the ability to remove the 'All Tracks" facility in each folder. With this version everything had been fine with a very fast response time and flawless display of everything in my library (all FLAC). On installing the paid-for V4.7 however, the system turned into a shambles. The response time was slow, I had folders showing with no files in them, folders showing with the wrong files in them and other folders that refused to give me the track order the files in them were tagged with. After battling with it for something like four hours in which I reinstalled the Asset package and the Naim control point several times and re-scanned my library several times I gave up and reinstalled V5beta8 hoping that my new registration would allow me to use it as previously it had been used on a trial basis. It did. All is now well and with V5beta8 on board the system now runs as it did before I "upgraded" by purchasing the premium V4.7 package.

Is V4.7 buggy? because my experience of it was terrible.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Issue with V4.7 for QNAP

v4.7 has issues in some areas, it is due to be replaced soon by v5.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

I apologize for the inconvenience.

It sounds like you've installed R4.7 over existing R5 install, keeping configuration files from R5 that an older version cannot read properly. The good way to do this is to remove the new version entirely, then install old.

You're still entitled to use R5 registered - install R4.x registered, then install R5 beta over it; registered status will be retained.

Comment

• QuantumMechanic
        • Oct 2014

Any news yet on V5 for QNAP? 4.7 no good to me as I want to view my albums as they organized on my NAS...in Folder View. In folder view in V4.7 there is no artwork in the parent folders.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It will be released quite soon.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>