title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Information log & error log are not displayed

Information log & error log are not displayed

I have recently moved to Windows 10. When I previously ran CD Ripper under Windows 7 it always displayed the information log and the error log after ripping. The logs are not now displayed even though I have selected After Ripping > Display Error Log and After Ripping > Display Information Log.

This occurs with R15.3 and R16.0. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Administrator

Re: Information log & error log are not displayed

As a test set the output drive to one that does not exist, such as drive 'p:' you can type in to the path box, then rip a cd, it should show the error page at the end because it cannot write the files.

Okay, that worked fine. An "Errors & Information" box popped up to say that the destination drive could not be found. When running CD Ripper with Windows 7 I always saw a pop-up window at the end of ripping which summarised the ripping process even when there were no errors.

Thanks

Administrator

It is likely not configured on the secure settings page, you need:

Add to Information Log (shown after ripping) (checked)
    Report Contents 'Complete'

I have run the rip to a genuine destination and I'm now seeing the expected "Information" pop-up box. Forcing the previous "Errors & Information" box to appear seems to have cured the problem, but why? Is this a bug that will be fixed in a future release? I'd hate to think that I had just shelled out £15 + VAT to upgrade to R16 and still have the same bug that I was experiencing in R15.3.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely not configured on the secure settings page, you need:

Add to Information Log (shown after ripping) (checked)
    Report Contents 'Complete'
    I've just taken a look and that check-box WAS checked. However, "Report Contents" was set to "Simple". I have absolutely no recollection of having to change these values in the past. Have the defaults been changed?

Thanks.
    Last edited by leicray; 07-17-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Administrator

Potentially the newer version uses a different value.

I am totally confused by your use of the word "potentially". Either the defaults are different in R16 relative to R15.3, or not. Surely you know if that's the case.

Bump

Administrator

Re-reading your first message, it is clear that the configuration data is being cleared in the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10.

I would not class this as a bug in dBpoweramp as it expects the configuration details to be preserved between running.

Many thanks for the clarification.

What's clear is that SOME settings (such as the Multi Encoder configuration) were preserved. If I want to perform a totally clean installation, what are the locations where dBpoweramp stores its settings? So far, I have found settings in registry keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Illustrate > dBpoweramp & HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Software > Illustrate > dBpoweramp and on the C: drive my AppData > Roaming folder. Should I be looking anywhere else?

Administrator

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just take caution with dei porting the registry settings. I have posted about my experiences previously and you can get unexpected outcomes when reimporting the Windows registry data.

Would the Illustrate team consider adding an export settings functions? Having the application manage the complexity would be so much better. There are so many settings across the toolset, it really does become an end user nightmare if you reinstall on a fresh machine.