title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata Cache Size

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

Metadata Cache Size

Hi,

I'm using dBpoweramp for OSX Release 15.6(1), the latest version.

Firstly, can I thank you for adding the ability to change the cache size on the OSX version via the CD Ripper Options / Meta Data console, as this saves me a lot of time if I make a mistake and have to re-rip later on. However I have noticed that once you change the cache size: i.e. from 10Mb to, say, 100Mb and then "Quit" the program, when you restart the program the cache size has reverted back to the default setting of 10Mb.

My question is, has the database remembered the custom size you entered (so this can be ignored), or has it actually reverted back to the default of 10Mb, thus possibly resulting in the loss of information I have already added to the database?

Regards,

Simon.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Metadata Cache Size

Hello and thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately I am unable to recreate this issue - the entered cache size is remembered as far as I can tell; I've been unable to make it forget the cache size. However these symptoms indicate that dBpoweramp may be having a general problem with remembering configuration settings on your system, not just isolated to this specific setting.

If you can, please produce a confniguration snapshot - main Configuration dialog / Music Converter / bottom of the page, "Save configuration snapshot" button, then email the file it produces to peter@dbpoweramp.com - I'll analyze it and hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Re: Metadata Cache Size

R15.7 beta 2 posted, attempted fix for this issue is included.
      This is the last planned part of R15 lifetime. All new features go into R16. R15.7 contains only critical bug fixes. Current version: beta 3 Changes since R15.6: Fixed DSP preset save button triggering the wrong action. Fixed crash when last used codec does not exist [after running R16 alpha versions]. Fixed codec options

Direct download link:

Comment

Working...

]]>