title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to rip DVD-Audio streams?

How to rip DVD-Audio streams?

I've some DVD-Audio that i want to rip in order to play them on my portable player.
    CD Ripper seems not see DVD-Audio...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to rip DVD-Audio streams?

Hey Dooby,

CD Ripper is only able to rip CD Audio (CD-DA, Red Book). You need another software to rip DVD-Audio, software like i.e. DVD Audio Extractor.

Dat Ei

This can be a new feature request.

I think most, maybe all the quality music recorded on dvd (video or audio) is multi channel. Occasional there is also an alternate stereo channel but not always. If you plan to make the say 5.1 playable on 2-channel devices there is quite a bit of work involved. Years ago I figured out how to get the audio off this record to be able to play it in my car, I might be able to dig the recipe, but I remember it was quite complex. (OTOH this was a monstrosity -- not a dvd-audio but a dvd-video with no video, just sound, and for some reason I wasn't able to extract the 2 channel version although it was supposed to be there. So I had to get the 5.1 version, etc)