title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with transfer rates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JB Coleman
    • Jul 2016

Problem with transfer rates

I've been transferring my CD collection using dbpoweramp with FLAC level 5, and I've encountered a disturbing problem. When I set the FLAC level on the screen after the CD has loaded, it tells me one MB size for the tracks and CD as a whole (as it should of course), but then if I go look at the MB size of the tracks and CD as a whole on the external hard drive I'm transferring it onto, it's noticeably smaller. In some cases, particularly with older mono acoustic blues recordings, the rate goes from around 20MB for a given track (again, FLAC level 5) to about 5MB on the hard drive. I haven't been able to figure out what's going on with this at all, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

JB Coleman
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Problem with transfer rates

Hey Coleman,

this kind of compression is a lossless compression of the data (like zip). The size on the screen is an estimated size. The real compression ratio can vary and depends on the data itself. No need to worry!

Dat Ei

Comment

• JB Coleman
      • Jul 2016

Re: Problem with transfer rates

Hi Dat Ei,

Thanks for the quick response! Best regards,

JB Coleman

Comment

Working...

]]>