title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    29

    RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Please, please . . . can we have ability to save ripping profiles?

    Also can we have DVD-A ripping added?

    There are plenty of third-party decryption tools for DVD-A, so no need for illustrate to go there . . . and provided you own the media, the legal issues become moral issues.

    Thanks - awesome products.

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    Please, please . . . can we have ability to save ripping profiles?
    You can already save profiles in CDRipper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    Also can we have DVD-A ripping added?

    There are plenty of third-party decryption tools for DVD-A, so no need for illustrate to go there . . . and provided you own the media, the legal issues become moral issues.
    You could also add DVD-V, SACDs, Blu-ray audio to the list, but I doubt we will ever see the ability to rip hi-res audio in the Illustrate suite.

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You can already save profiles in CDRipper.
    yes. but he may mean save the ripping profiles *externally* to be imported upon future install of dbpa.

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes. but he may mean save the ripping profiles *externally* to be imported upon future install of dbpa.
    Yes, maybe.

    If he/she is referring to backing up profiles, the only way currently in Windows, is to export the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles

    However, if end users are not familiar with the Windows registry and the risks involved with using registry editing software, this is far from ideal.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    29

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Yes - I meant save profiles that can be imported into future installs. I have used the windows registry export and it doesn't reliably import. The registry settings stick but for example DSP settings (like replay gain) are flakey. The settings appear in the interface but the DSP action does not work.

    mville - just curious about your statement . . . why wouldn't Illustrate consider hi-res support? (obviously not SACD)

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    Yes - I meant save profiles that can be imported into future installs. I have used the windows registry export and it doesn't reliably import. The registry settings stick but for example DSP settings (like replay gain) are flakey. The settings appear in the interface but the DSP action does not work.
    I reported this problem a couple of years ago. See here: Config File

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    just curious about your statement . . . why wouldn't Illustrate consider hi-res support? (obviously not SACD)
    CDRipper only rips discs in the CD-Audio (CD-DA) format, however this is a mass market format so the demand for ripping CDs is large.

    I suspect Illustrate have considered ripping hi-res disc formats, but these formats are not commonly used. It would be a lot of work to support more disc formats for a relatively small number of users.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

    In addition to mville's statement: CD-DA is a format without copy protection. If an audio cd has a copy protection then it is not a CD-DA in the sense of Sony and Philips. HiRes formats like SACD are copy protected. A software breaking the copy protection might break laws.


    Dat Ei

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •