title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxpower
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2015

RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

Please, please . . . can we have ability to save ripping profiles?

Also can we have DVD-A ripping added?

There are plenty of third-party decryption tools for DVD-A, so no need for illustrate to go there . . . and provided you own the media, the legal issues become moral issues.

Thanks - awesome products.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: RIPPER - Save Profiles and DVD-A Support

Originally posted by Maxpower
    Please, please . . . can we have ability to save ripping profiles?
    You can already save profiles in CDRipper.

Also can we have DVD-A ripping added?

There are plenty of third-party decryption tools for DVD-A, so no need for illustrate to go there . . . and provided you own the media, the legal issues become moral issues.
    You could also add DVD-V, SACDs, Blu-ray audio to the list, but I doubt we will ever see the ability to rip hi-res audio in the Illustrate suite.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
      You can already save profiles in CDRipper.
      yes. but he may mean save the ripping profiles *externally* to be imported upon future install of dbpa.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by garym
        yes. but he may mean save the ripping profiles *externally* to be imported upon future install of dbpa.
        Yes, maybe.

If he/she is referring to backing up profiles, the only way currently in Windows, is to export the following registry key:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles

However, if end users are not familiar with the Windows registry and the risks involved with using registry editing software, this is far from ideal.

Comment

• Maxpower
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2015

Yes - I meant save profiles that can be imported into future installs. I have used the windows registry export and it doesn't reliably import. The registry settings stick but for example DSP settings (like replay gain) are flakey. The settings appear in the interface but the DSP action does not work.

mville - just curious about your statement . . . why wouldn't Illustrate consider hi-res support? (obviously not SACD)

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Yes - I meant save profiles that can be imported into future installs. I have used the windows registry export and it doesn't reliably import. The registry settings stick but for example DSP settings (like replay gain) are flakey. The settings appear in the interface but the DSP action does not work.
            I reported this problem a couple of years ago. See here: Config File

just curious about your statement . . . why wouldn't Illustrate consider hi-res support? (obviously not SACD)
            CDRipper only rips discs in the CD-Audio (CD-DA) format, however this is a mass market format so the demand for ripping CDs is large.

I suspect Illustrate have considered ripping hi-res disc formats, but these formats are not commonly used. It would be a lot of work to support more disc formats for a relatively small number of users.

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

In addition to mville's statement: CD-DA is a format without copy protection. If an audio cd has a copy protection then it is not a CD-DA in the sense of Sony and Philips. HiRes formats like SACD are copy protected. A software breaking the copy protection might break laws.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>