title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Errors when ripping a 60-minute track

Errors when ripping a 60-minute track

I'm trying to rip an audio CD that has a single 60:02 track on it, to a FLAC. But with each attempt, I get an error and CD Ripper (15.3) just makes a small 159K file which of course won't play. Are there any issues with tracks of this length or could it be a different cause? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sagona; 06-30-2016 at 05:53 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Errors when ripping a 60-minute track

Should be a different cause. I have ripped Mike Oldfields Amarok or Prince Lovesexy(?), both just containing one track. C2 pointers enabled?

Dat Ei

What's the album, year and place of manufacture? Some discs have funky Copy Protection contained within, you could try 'defective' that may work, Some German Warner discs from the early 2000's have protection also, it took an external drive to rip those, it took my third drive to rip Gabriel's UK 'UP' promo, that was a tough one

Thanks for the replies. The CD/track I'm having trouble with is Oldfield's Amarok -- the 2000 Virgin release for the EU. It plays with no problem on this computer using VLC and on an audio CD player. C@ pointers enabled. Using Ultra Secure.

Administrator

You possibly have cd ripper to abort the ripping after a set time, or set error count. You can try to burst rip it (not secure), it will be the same as VLC playing it.

Thanks for the replies. The album is Oldfield's Amarok -- the 2000 Virgin EU release, labelled "HDCD". CD pointers are enabled, and I was using Ultra Secure.