title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Folder.jpg file not writing to album location

Folder.jpg file not writing to album location

Hello,

After performing a few rips, I've noticed that a "Folder.jpg file" copy of album artwork isn't showing up in the file location, per the statement I saw below in the Metadata section of the CD Ripper Setup guide:

"By default CD Ripper will embed album art inside each ripped audio file (audio format permitting) and also write a Folder.jpg file to the location of the album."

The selected art is successfully embedding within ripped audio files. I'm running dBpoweramp R16 Reference. Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

F.M.
    Last edited by Forest Murmurs; 06-30-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Administrator

Re: Folder.jpg file not writing to album location

You are using Multi encoder?

I'm not 100% certain (and I currently don't have access to the machine with dBp to confirm), but I believe I'm ripping to FLAC only. Is having Multi Encoder enabled crucial to resolving my issue?

Administrator

No need to use multi-encoder.

In CD Ripper options (click the green menu button) >> Metadata and ID Tag (select and click options)

The album art section is set to write Folder.jpg

?

I will double-check that setting when I am back at my dBp machine.

Thanks for your assistance, Spoon!

F.M.

That did the trick, Spoon. After arriving at the location you specified above, I found that the option for "Write to [output folder]" was set to "(none)." I selected "cover.jpg" from the drop down menu, and everything since then has been cream cheese! I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again,

F.M.

Hello Spoon, I've a similar problem but using [Cue Single File Image] codec; the option has always been properly highlighted in the meta data options (R15.3). Could you help me?

Administrator

You are using Cue Sheet File Image codec and it is not writing folder.jpg?

In CD Ripper >> Menu >> CD Ripper Options and disable the ._ temp files being written.