title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Gap at the end of MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baz1238
    • Jun 2016

Gap at the end of MP3

Hi

I recently purchased DBpoweramp and when I try to convert FLAC files to MP3 it seems to be adding a very tiny amount of silence at the end of the file or cutting off the end of the file or cutting off the start of the next file so when I play a gapless track there is a tiny jump between tracks. The jump is less than 1 second but is very noticeable. The FLAC files play fine.

I changed the mp3 ID Tagging option from ID3v2 (ANSI) to Ape2 & ID3v1 (Unicode-16).

Can anyone please tell me what the difference is and whether it will have any effect on my MP3s and which is best? or if there is anyway I can get it to work with ID3v2?

Is it because I have created my FLAC files incorrectly? or added something incorrect to my FLAC files?

Thank You
    Last edited by baz1238; 06-29-2016, 09:40 PM.
  • baz1238
    • Jun 2016

Re: Gap at the end of MP3

I'm just a little worried about all of my flac files potentially being wrong
    Last edited by baz1238; 06-29-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Could be your player not being able to play gapless.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct, mp3 is a lossy encoder which introduces gaps. The only way around this is to have a player which can play mp3 gaplessly. Which player are you using?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• baz1238
          • Jun 2016

I was using windows media player and foobar. Foobar seems to work.

Thank you for your info

Comment

Working...

]]>