title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16.1 Beta [Windows] Discussions

Administrator

dBpoweramp R16.1 Beta [Windows] Discussions

All discussions relating to R16.1

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp R16.1 Beta [Windows] Discussions

Could a check box be added to Lame CLI so a "-Qx" command could be used? https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,112036.0.html

Administrator

on the advanced page you can type -Q1.8 in the additional CLI text box.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I did that.
    I received.. "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]"

I renamed the modified lame "lame3995o.exe" to "lame.exe" and copied it to the dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame) folder.

My CLI setting is:
    VBR
    Frequency: as source
    Channels: auto
    Quality: -q 3 (default)
    Additional CLI: -Q1
    Final LAME CLI: -V 0 -c -p -Q1 --noreplaygain

I'm wandering if the "-V 0" command is throwing it off. If it is may a check box is needed to remove all preset commands.
    Last edited by thexfile; 07-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.

I have a problem with the batch converter. 'Arrange Audio' fails to move the last file of the batch. Using the context menu to 'arrange' this last file works, but not if the batch converter window is still open.

Error converting to [Arrange Audio], 'XXX.flac' to 'XXX.IGNORE'

Administrator

The Xfile: if you remove the -Q does it encode with the new encoder.exe?

Administrator

Marcello:

Try to enable the dBpoweramp debug log, run the arrange audio on a small number of files and post the log shown at the end. The log can be enabled in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Marcello:

Try to enable the dBpoweramp debug log, run the arrange audio on a small number of files and post the log shown at the end. The log can be enabled in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Advanced
    The log only shows a capital S, no matter how I do it:

unsuccessfully (meaning error on the last file) when choosing batch convert via context menu on a folder (the large batch convert window opens)

successfully (without any error) when selecting the same files within the folder and arrange via context menu (the large batch convert window does not open)

As long as the large batch converter window is open, I can also not move the file via explorer (file in use).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The Xfile: if you remove the -Q does it encode with the new encoder.exe?
    It works without the "-Q1" command.

Administrator

You are best to use the 'CLI Encoder' codec then you can specify the whole command line to mp3 lame as you require.

Thanks for fixing the 'arrange' issue with the latest beta.

I'm having a strange problem with one of my computers that I normally rip all my CDs with. It is a WIN 7 Pro laptop that previously had a perfectly working dBpoweramp R15.3 installed. I purchased and installed R16 over the R15.3 (did not uninstall that version first). When I run R16 CD Ripper I get the following error message for every track: "Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' . . . . . Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file " I have tried using other codecs with the same result. Tried overwriting R16 with R16.1 Beta 3, but no luck. dBpoweramp Control Center suggests no updates needed, and indicates FLAC 16.1 Beta 3 Encoder and Decoder are already installed. Any suggestions? Already tried uninstalling and re-installing R16. Could I downgrade back to R15.3 temporarily as I really need to rip some CDs soon?

Tom Hitchcock

Administrator

On the error page, click the 'Copy to clipboard' button, and post the errors here please.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\02 - Send My Love [To Your New Lover] - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\02 - Send My Love [To Your New Lover] - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\02 - Send My Love [To Your New Lover] - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\01 - Hello - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\01 - Hello - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\01 - Hello - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\03 - I Miss You (Adele) - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\03 - I Miss You (Adele) - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\03 - I Miss You (Adele) - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\05 - Remedy - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\05 - Remedy - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\05 - Remedy - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\04 - When We Were Young - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\04 - When We Were Young - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\04 - When We Were Young - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\07 - River Lea - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\07 - River Lea - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\07 - River Lea - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\06 - Water Under The Bridge - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\06 - Water Under The Bridge - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\06 - Water Under The Bridge - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\08 - Love In The Dark - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\08 - Love In The Dark - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\08 - Love In The Dark - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\09 - Million Years Ago - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\09 - Million Years Ago - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\09 - Million Years Ago - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\10 - All I Ask (Adele) - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\10 - All I Ask (Adele) - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\10 - All I Ask (Adele) - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\12 - Can't Let Go (Adele) - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\12 - Can't Let Go (Adele) - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\12 - Can't Let Go (Adele) - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\11 - Sweetest Devotion - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\11 - Sweetest Devotion - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\11 - Sweetest Devotion - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 13' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\13 - Lay Me Down (Adele) - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\13 - Lay Me Down (Adele) - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\13 - Lay Me Down (Adele) - 2015._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 14' to 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\14 - Why Do You Love Me - 2015.flac'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\14 - Why Do You Love Me - 2015._'
    Failed to find decoder to read audio properties from file 'D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\14 - Why Do You Love Me - 2015._'

All the tracks ripped correctly as they went immediately to CPU compression after one read (I have secure rip selected with pass 1 Accurate Rip verified). I get no FLAC files, just the xml files and txt files I have set up to write also. Below I have included the top portion of the extraction log:

dBpoweramp Release 16.1 Beta 3 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Tuesday, July 12, 2016 17:21

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'J: [PLEXTOR - CD-R PX-W2410A]', Drive offset: 98, Overread Lead-in/out: Yes
    AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: Yes
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 3, Max Passes: 6, Finish After Clean Passes: 2
    Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 1000

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-8
    DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="Multi-CPU Force= -cpu1 -cpu2 -cpu3 -cpu4 -cpu5 -cpu6 -cpu7 -cpu8" -dspeffect2="Audio CD - Silence Track Deletion= -dbsilence={qt}-65{qt}" -dspeffect3="Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal= -dbsilence={qt}-65{qt} -window={qt}4000{qt}" -dspeffect4="HDCD=" -dspeffect5="Trim Silence= -dbsilence={qt}-70{qt} -threshold={qt}50{qt}" -dspeffect6="Write Silence=-end -lengthms={qt}1750{qt}" -dspeffect7="ReplayGain= -albummode={qt}0{qt} -itunnorm={qt}0{qt} -r128lufs={qt}-18{qt}" -dspeffect8="ID Tag Processing=-delsingle0={qt}Encoder{qt} -delsingle1={qt}Source{qt} -delsingle2={qt}Artist Sort{qt} -delsingle3={qt}Label{qt} -delsingle4={qt}Encoded by{qt} -delsingle5={qt}Producer{qt} -delsingle6={qt}UPC{qt} -delsingle7={qt}Album Artist Sort{qt} -add0={qt}Encoder=FLAC 1.3.1{qt} -add1={qt}SOURCEMEDIA=CD (Lossless){qt} -add2={qt}FILEOWNER=Thomas Hitchcock{qt} -add3={qt}ENCODED-BY=Thomas Hitchcock{qt} -add4={qt}ENCODING=FLAC V1.3.1 Compression Level 8{qt} -add5={qt}CUSTOM_5=Hitchcock's Basement{qt} -add6={qt}CUSTOM_4=CD{qt} -add7={qt}COMMENT=CD Originally Ripped With dBpoweramp R16.1 Beta3 & Directly Encoded to FLAC 1.3.1 on 7/12/16{qt} -add8={qt}CUSTOM_9=16 bit{qt} -case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}folder.jpg{qt} -importart={qt}(none){qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt} -maxartkb={qt}(any){qt} -removemonthdayfromyear -map0={qt}Artist=ARTIST{qt} -map1={qt}Title=TITLE{qt} -map2={qt}Album=ALBUM{qt} -map3={qt}Genre=GENRE{qt} -map4={qt}Artist Sort=ARTISTSORT{qt} -map5={qt}Album Artist Sort=ALBUMARTISTSORT{qt} -map6={qt}Label=PUBLISHER{qt} -map7={qt}Composer=COMPOSER{qt} -map8={qt}Producer=PRODUCEDNOTICE{qt} -map9={qt}UPC=LABELNO{qt} -map10={qt}Conductor=CONDUCTOR{qt} -map11={qt}Comment=COMMENT{qt} -map12={qt}Album Sort=ALBUMSORTORDER{qt}" -dspeffect9="Write metadata file=-xsltfile={qt}{qt} -ext={qt}{qt}"

Extraction Log
    --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 22162 (4:55) in 0:15. Filename: D:\Temp\Temp CDs\Adele\25\01 - Hello - 2015._
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 144) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: C3600BB9 AccurateRip CRC: 33436FAC (CRCv2) [DiscID: 014-001ffb76-015209e1-c70e1d0e-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 144 [CRCv2 33436fac]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 cd18864e]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 37 [CRCv2 c4981ad6], Using Pressing Offset -12

Administrator

It will be a miss interaction with the XML writer and the new option in CD Ripper to rip to ._ temp files, Open CD Ripper >> Options Menu >> CD Ripper Options >> 'When Ripping' change to 'Rip direct to final filenames'