title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

file converson

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MartinH
    • Sep 2011

file converson

Hi

Tried to convert a FLAC album back into the same FLAC format because it plays on my W10 PC but for some reason not on my DS/Server combo. The album is 24/96 - but the conversion failed with this error on each track?

FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA

Any pointers ideas what might be wrong?

Regards,

Martin
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: file converson

This means the file is corrupted and the official flac libraries (which dBpoweramp uses) cannot read the file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MartinH
      • Sep 2011

Thanks. Nothing I can do then? I assume the W10 player is just ignoring the errors somehow but it won't play on my Linn DS. Not the end of the world but thanks anyway.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MartinH
        Thanks. Nothing I can do then? I assume the W10 player is just ignoring the errors somehow but it won't play on my Linn DS. Not the end of the world but thanks anyway.
        What was the source of the 24-bit 96kHz album?

Copy one of the corrupted 24-bit 96kHz flac files and try remove all tags from the copied flac. If this is successful, try to convert it again or run the Test Conversion DSP on the file. Does it still produce an error?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The metadata error is just a generic error that the file cannot be parsed correctly. It is possible other programs might play the file, even if corrupted, if they are based on different reading libraries.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MartinH
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mville
            What was the source of the 24-bit 96kHz album?

Copy one of the corrupted 24-bit 96kHz flac files and try remove all tags from the copied flac. If this is successful, try to convert it again or run the Test Conversion DSP on the file. Does it still produce an error?
            I know this sounds a bit lame but I really don't know. It's an album a good friend lent me to try on a USB 'musictape'. He has been trying to educate me with respect to Jazz for a while now and puts a selection together for me every now and then. I haven't been able to get hold of him to check it's source but they have always been genuine before.

I renamed the tags (some field titles were in capitals and so I deleted them and re added the fields) and content but it made no difference. TBH - I can just but it from Qobuz or something. It's just one album and I have since listened to the 16 bit version anyway.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>