title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verification

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ithrandir
    • Jun 2016

Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verification

Almost always, but not always.

Rips without this option selected are perfect.

Bug, or something wrong with my system?

(Fresh installation of R16)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verifica

Are you using any DSP effects?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ithrandir
      • Jun 2016

Re: Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verifica

No DSP effects, happened over multiple CDs.

Windows 10, all updates.
      Last edited by Ithrandir; 06-23-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is repeatable? for the same tracks.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Meadows222
          • Jun 2016

I'm getting the same error. Windows 10 (all updates), no DSP. Ripping without option selected returns either secure or accurate.

I was able to repeat with the same tracks.

Comment

• Ithrandir
            • Jun 2016

Forgot to respond.

It is repeatable, but not 100%. It's possible for a track to be accurate one run, then not accurate the next.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Will check it out for next beta.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Open CD Ripper >> Options Menu >> CD Ripper Options >> 'When Ripping' to 'Rip direct to final filenames' and this issue goes away.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ithrandir
                  • Jun 2016

Thanks!

Comment

• Unkaphaed
                    • Jul 2016

Thank you! I had the same issue - fresh install, and boom, a disc that I know was OK was erroring out after every read. Happy as a clam now that I made the change.

Comment

• starwilson
                      • Aug 2016

Same here. Was working perfectly yesterday using v15, then started throwing errors "Error audio file failed verification" on every CD. Using Apple Lossless. I switched to a physically different drive - same issue. Cleaned both lenses. Changed output location. Nada. Today, I upgraded to v16. Same issue. Windows 10 Pro. No DSP. All of the CDs will play from within dBpoweramp CD Ripper, they just won't rip.

I can rip these CDs in iTunes using the same equipment without issue.

Not happy.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

A maintenance release for dBpoweramp's. Installation Note install over the top of the existing Rxx dBpoweramp to maintain registered state (do not uninstall old). This test version will time out in January 2017. <released> Changes CD Ripper - able to lookup more discs with Discogs CD Ripper - restored Tracktype

Changes

bug fix - Apple Lossless would report could not verify file if ripping in CD Ripper with the option set to rip to ._ temp files
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• starwilson
                          • Aug 2016

Beta 16.1 r 5 fixed this for me. Also fixed the files being created with "._" extension rather than .m4a

Comment

Working...

]]>