title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verification

Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verification

Almost always, but not always.

Rips without this option selected are perfect.

Bug, or something wrong with my system?

(Fresh installation of R16)

Administrator

Re: Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verifica

Are you using any DSP effects?

Re: Apple Lossless "Verify Written Audio" results in error audio file failed verifica

No DSP effects, happened over multiple CDs.

Windows 10, all updates.
    Last edited by Ithrandir; 06-23-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Administrator

It is repeatable? for the same tracks.

I'm getting the same error. Windows 10 (all updates), no DSP. Ripping without option selected returns either secure or accurate.

I was able to repeat with the same tracks.

Forgot to respond.

It is repeatable, but not 100%. It's possible for a track to be accurate one run, then not accurate the next.

Administrator

Will check it out for next beta.

Administrator

Open CD Ripper >> Options Menu >> CD Ripper Options >> 'When Ripping' to 'Rip direct to final filenames' and this issue goes away.

Thanks!

Thank you! I had the same issue - fresh install, and boom, a disc that I know was OK was erroring out after every read. Happy as a clam now that I made the change.

Same here. Was working perfectly yesterday using v15, then started throwing errors "Error audio file failed verification" on every CD. Using Apple Lossless. I switched to a physically different drive - same issue. Cleaned both lenses. Changed output location. Nada. Today, I upgraded to v16. Same issue. Windows 10 Pro. No DSP. All of the CDs will play from within dBpoweramp CD Ripper, they just won't rip.

I can rip these CDs in iTunes using the same equipment without issue.

Not happy.

Administrator

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...1-Beta-Windows

Changes

bug fix - Apple Lossless would report could not verify file if ripping in CD Ripper with the option set to rip to ._ temp files

Beta 16.1 r 5 fixed this for me. Also fixed the files being created with "._" extension rather than .m4a