title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No Metadata - Help!

No Metadata - Help!

Hello everybody! So I've got a problem. I've been trying to rip my CD collection and up to this point, I've had no issues. However, lately any CD I put in does the following: It shows "Track 1" through however many tracks there are, no album art, no artist, no metadata period. It won't even read from the CD! I've updated to Reference 16, checked out my internet firewall exceptions, everything. There's absolutely no discernible reason that this should be happening! What's going on? For reference, I was trying to rip The Birthday Massacre's "The Looking Glass" CD. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Administrator

Re: No Metadata - Help!

If all CDs do this even popular ones, then you have something blocking dBpoweramp from the Internet (or in the configuration settings set dBpoweramp to not access the internet).

If that's the case, then how is it that it says "CD in AccurateRip" at the bottom of the track listing?

dBpoweramp Guru

May not be related, but since installing v16, I've noticed a very much increased time to populate the metadata. It does eventually but can sometimes take 3 minutes. I thought it might be trouble reaching some of the providers, but I've checked with some popular CDs and I do see that I'm getting metadata from all the online providers.

Note, this is same machine and Internet connection as I ran 15.x on and didn't notice this issue except very very rarely.

Administrator

Musicbrainz are currently having issues, if you uncheck musicbrainz it is about 3 seconds.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Musicbrainz are currently having issues, if you uncheck musicbrainz it is about 3 seconds.
    Thanks. I can't test for a few days. But at one point I did check freedb only as a test and it was fast.