title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R16 - CD Ripper - Album Art finder works with strange "pattern"?

R16 - CD Ripper - Album Art finder works with strange "pattern"?

Hi,

the current CD has the meta data:

• Artist: Moby
    • Album: Moby

The pattern the album art finder works is "MobyMoby - ".

Changing the "editable" pattern does not seem to help.

So - how do I "restart" the search with the correct pattern?

Regards,

Martin

Administrator

Re: R16 - CD Ripper - Album Art finder works with strange "pattern"?

Issue noted. You can type into that box 'Moby - Moby' and it will read correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Issue noted. You can type into that box 'Moby - Moby' and it will read correctly
    Really?

After entering text, matching, garbage, etc. nothing changed!
    Using <Return> to "commit" the changes, doesn't change a bit, too.
    The list of "found" images does not change after entering a valid string like "moby - hotel" or entering "garbage".

At the right of the edit control the hint "No Art Found" still is shown. So - does the Album Art Finder really started a new search?
    And how do I force him to?

BTW - closing the Album Art Finder Dialog/Window, the CD Ripper gets visually "distracted" and unresponsive for a few seconds.

Administrator

You wait 10 seconds, however even 'MobyMoby -' will find lots of artwork (about 50), if it is not then potentially your security software is blocking it.

You wait 10 seconds, however even 'MobyMoby -' will find lots of artwork (about 50), if it is not then potentially your security software is blocking it.
    Hhm - I see one 225x225 image with "MobyMoby -". And no change even after Minutes after changing.

In the past, there was no problem in retrieving images, so any firewall won't be a problem.
    Especially, since the "Album Art Downloader" has no, absolutely no problem finding much too many images from all registered sources.

Administrator

Try this, in CD Ripper remove the album name totally, keep the album artist as Moby, then click the art work, it will search on just 'Moby' and it should find 83 (or their abouts). If it finds none, then something is blocking that part.

Try this, in CD Ripper remove the album name totally, keep the album artist as Moby, then click the art work, it will search on just 'Moby' and it should find 83 (or their abouts). If it finds none, then something is blocking that part.
    Ok, something is blocking.

So, I'll try to Wireshark the connections opened by the CD ripper. Or can you tell me more?
    I ask, because neither the former CD Ripper (seemed to have problems), MP3Tag with its data sources, nor the Album Art downloader has a problem!

Do you use your own "proxy" to centralize the query? What kind of communication is started? Via http?
    If not via standard protocols/ports, than the communication may be blocked!

Regards,

Martin

Administrator

HTTP requests go direct to Google, Bing and Yahoo.

So why should … ok … I use a system wide operating Ad-blocker, the good old Ad-Muncher. But … as I told, Album Art Downloader works fascinating well.
    I'll check its, Ad-Munchers, logs!

Hi Spoon,

I used a HTTP sniffer to get an overview about the HTTP requests done by the cd ripper.

Retrieving the MusicBrainz Meta Data only accessed mb.dbpoweramp.com at port 3000 with function related paths:

^/ws/2/(release|discid)/GUID(\?inc=\w+(\+\w+)*)?$

So after deleting any meta information and the album art, pressing the graphical album art button, only one HTTP request was monitored in the office.
    In the office the UserAgent of this request is TMUFE (Trend Micro Url Filter Engine). There is no communication to Google, or other servers, services.

What is so different in the way the call is made (implementation in comparison to retrieving MusicBrainz meta data) or in the URL itself, that the Trend Micro Url Filter Engine gets triggered?

I have no access to the logs of this security service and I don't have an Url to use in the Trend Micro Url Check Web Formular, so &*8230; can you give more information?

Best regards,

Martin
    Last edited by Martin0815; 06-23-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Administrator

If Trend is being activated then it is blocking. There is nothing unusual about our usage of internet search, the issue is with trend.

If Trend is being activated then it is blocking. There is nothing unusual about our usage of internet search, the issue is with trend.
    I agree!

And I would like to try to get them (TrendMicro) to fix it! I already submitted in the past "good" URLs, which have been reported falsely as "bad" URLs!

So give me a chance to report this issue to TrendMicro and give me more information - evt. via private message or Email!

If I can get TrendMicro to fix this, I'm not the only one to have benefits, so what's holding you back?