title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: When CD Ripper Crashes, Cannot Get CD Out of Drive

When CD Ripper Crashes, Cannot Get CD Out of Drive

Hi,

I am pretty new to CD Ripper [dBpoweramp] - not often but on 3 occasions so far the application has crashed during a CD rip [300 or so discs ripped to date]; when this happens I can still see the CD mounted in OSX, the content can be accessed but it's impossible to eject it. A message informs you cannot eject, even force eject, as software is using the disc.

I have closed every app but still cannot eject the disc. I have followed every advice on how to force eject CD's to no avail. The only thing that works is a reboot of the computer which is really inconvenient.

If the software should crash; do you know of a set of running processes I should look for in Activity Monitor to close, or, is this expected behaviour and the only way out is a reboot? I have a copy of the last crash log I can send if that might help although auto-submission is turned on.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: When CD Ripper Crashes, Cannot Get CD Out of Drive

The only application running of ours would be dBpoweramp in Activity Monitor, if it is not listed then it is not running.